German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i got my White GSD saarloos wolfhound mix. she was two and a half months old, a week later she started peeing whenever my husband came home and she was too scared of other people at first and wouldn't show any interaction with them and hide between my legs, now she is 5 months old, its mostly me and her 90 % of the time, we exercise, train and go out for walks all the time, but she doesn't interact much with my husband since he is mostly at work, so whenever he is home (or to be honest anyone else) she greets and pees herself, and with only my husband if he gives her any attention she pees herself, i tried to get him to help with training her (takes the treats tell her to sit, stay etc.) she pees herself, it gets tiring every time i try to socialize her with anyone at home she pees herself. i tried not letting her say hello to my husband till she calms down, sometimes it works but most times when she calms down and then he goes to great her she pees herself i'm at wits end! HELP! :(:confused::(

·
Registered
91 Posts
My Odin just stopped doing this at nearly 10 months. What happened is that you got a very submissive beta dog of the litter, and this is her way of acknowledging submission.

Just be patient, and it will take a about year to a year and a half for this to correct itself.

Remember not to punish your dog because she doesn't even know that she's doing it, and it will make it worse.

Just have guests greet the dog outside or get a diaper at the pet store.

I KNOW of people turning their dog to the shelter for this reason, so I hope you don't do this.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
don't worry i will never give her up she is my world! i never punish her for it, i was just hoping for a ways to help minimize it as much as possible, the problem with my husband is not just the greeting, its anytime he gives her attention and i live in an apartment so i cant ask him to just take her outside when he wants to give her attention

·
Registered
279 Posts
My boy did same thing when he was excited to see us or visitors at door. As Belmonts Odin my boy stopped around 10 months old. We just let him outside to greed us, and wait it up. I try to teach him to sit when I walk in but he still managed to drip little. :). No more peeing and we have nice greeting.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my 8 month old girl. Just with new people or people she doesn't see often. I'm just working on how she acts when she meets new people by putting her in the sit position so she at least is calmer while she pees herself and waiting for her to hopefully grow out of it. (Kind of hard to control her bladder!)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts