German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I normally don't do this, but I have to rant. I work front desk at a hotel and we accept pets. :wub: I love the pet people, mostly nice people and they know I love dogs so they bring them in to say hi.

Last night I got a call complaining about a guest. It was pouring rain outside and this idiot on the third floor tied her dog to the railing (only enough slack to sit) and went into the room and shut the door.

I couldn't believe it! I didn't even bother calling, I locked down the front, went up there, untied the dog. (poor dear was shivering and soaked) and slammed on the door. Took 5 minutes to answer. I asked them what they thought they were doing and that they can't do that to a dog! Their response - "We were giving him fresh air" I was beyond :censored: I told them that if they did it again I would bring the dog downstairs, call the cops and have them arrested for animal cruelty. This poor, sweet dog. By the looks maybe 3 years or so shitzu mix.

How could somebody do that? I'll never understand. I am so mad I could spit nails. Have any of you had a smiliar experience with downright stupidity? I mean this lady legitamitely thought she was doing a good thing.

·
Registered
30,388 Posts
My boss was just telling a story about a guy that left his dog alone in the room for hours. The hotel had to give away 12 rooms because of the complaints. so when the guy checked out the next day, he had to pay for 13 rooms.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Stories like this are so shocking to us because we would NEVER even think to this to our beloved fur babies. So sad...

·
5,627 Posts
I've seen it once. I was leaving a friend's apartment one night there was a dog (don't remember what kind now - I think lab) tied to a railing in the pouring rain outside. There are lots of shops in the courtyard so the owner could have been anywhere. I stood there for a minute and considered taking the dog with me.

I've also written a nasty note and called the cops on someone who left their little dog in a completely closed up car. The dogs was in the car when I went into a store and still there when I left. I sat in my car for a min or 2 to write the note - car off, windows up and I was getting warm even though it was a cool day.

My boss was just telling a story about a guy that left his dog alone in the room for hours. The hotel had to give away 12 rooms because of the complaints. so when the guy checked out the next day, he had to pay for 13 rooms.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Not that bad. My parents accidentally left the family dog outside one day when we went to the store, and it started pouring while we were gone. She liked to sit out on the porch quietly so I guess they didn't realize she was still out. We rushed home when they realized and Tansy was sitting under the bench swing pretty much dry.

I remember once when I was staying at a hotel on vacation with my Golden, the front desk told us people had been complaining about our dog barking, they said it must be her because she was the only dog they had registered. We asked when they heard/complained, and it turned out when they complained my dog wasn't even in the room! We had been out (with her of course) for several hours. Well it turned out someone else had snuck a dog in and left the dog in their room when they went out. I thought that was pretty silly to sneak in a dog, since the hotel allowed dogs with no pet fee.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I am too terrified to even leave any of my babies (dog and cats) alone in a hotel room. I am very fearful that someone would want to steal my babies. I have heard of instances that maids have actually taken off with purebred animals to make a profit outside. I never leave my animals alone in a hotel room; I will have someone else go outside and buy what we need or I just call in room service.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Wow that's just weird.
I never leave my dogs outside of the house by themselves, not even in the car for a second... Not because I'm afraid something will happen to them, but because some do-gooder might smash my car windows or something thinking they're dying (or just looking or attention).

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I can't believe someone would leave their dog outside tied up at a hotel! I mean ANYONE could take it...and in the rain?!

I work at a hotel too, and there are pleanty of people who are stupid about what they do with their pets. Such as leave them alone in the room to bark and scream, and tick off everyone else in the hall...but the worst I have had is a guy who snuck in his dog, and let him poop in the back hall. I saw him take the dog into his room, and then I walked around the building and saw a nice pile of poo!! I didn't know what to do with it, then the guy peeked around the corner with the dog, and snuck back into his room!! I charged him a cleanup fee, cause come on! He clearly wasn't cleaning it up, and it was right outside the door to the pool!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts