German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I forgot to mention the one time I was walking our of the park with my dogs when I saw a woman get out of her car with her ... CAT ... on leash.

A CAT?!?! :eek:

I told her it wasn't a really good idea to bring the cat in the park and she says "It's ok. Buster LOVES dogs!"

I said "That's fine, but not all dogs LIKE cats. Some would rather EAT them."
Woow. Okay, I think this one wins :D.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Prong collars - maybe folks left them on so they could grab something to control their dogs? Would a prong be much worse than a regular slip collar or how about a fursaver collar?

But unless the park rules say so, or it is your own park - I wouldn't think that any park attendee would have the right to tell someone else what their dog should wear???
Do you really think it is ok for a dog to be running loose playing with other dogs in a dog park wearing a loose-fitting prong collar? Or really any training collar?

I don't think anyone said that they told someone what their dog should wear. Just that it was something they saw and thought was stupid or a bad idea.

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Oh, the mention of collars reminded me... there was one couple that brought a very annoying Husky with them (he liked to hump other dogs), and he always wore a red bandana along with his collar. His bandana was held together with a BIG SAFETY PIN. How stupid can you get?

Of course, LOADS of people would come in with head halters on their dogs and LEAVE THEM ON in the park!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well, it wasn't a dog park, but a park road, and it's the stupidest thing I saw. Just like on the pic below

Only the dog was not on a leash and a car was driving behind it. I first thought the dog was lost as the leash looked torn and dog was dirty, and the person in a car was trying to catch it. So I turned my car around to help. As it turned out it was an old lady who walked her dog in that fashion. She said she has bad legs and as her dog likes to herd the car she never got away. I was just shocked and I asked what if a dog sees a deer and runs away, I tried to convince the lady that it was too dangerous and there are other ways to exercise her dog, I hope she listened.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
there is a couple here who exercises their dog like that at the college campus They pull onto the grounds, open the back of the truck and let the dog run around the grass. They drive down the road with the dog chasing after the car.
Of course, they never clean up all the mess from their dog crapping all over the place either.
After a few minutes, they call the dog to jump bck in the car and go on their way

21 - 28 of 28 Posts