German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a researcher at Tufts University School of Veterinary Medicine's Animal Behavior Clinic and we are doing a study on German Shepherds. The goal of this study is to identify factors associated with canine compulsive behavior and whether this behavior has a genetic basis. To this end we need lots of German Shepherd participants who are behaviorally normal for our control group.

We also need German Shepherds who repetitively spin or chase their tails. Resources for treatment can be made available upon request.

Enrollment involves filling out a consent form, a survey and having a saliva sample mailed to Tufts University. For more information or to request a saliva sampling kit, please email me at [email protected] and let me know if:

· you have a pedigree for your German Shepherd
· his/her age
· and if he/she does any behavior that seems like a form of canine obsessive-compulsive disorder.

Nicole Cottam, ACAAB
Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine's
Animal Behavior Clinic
200 Westboro Road
North Grafton, MA 01536
USA

Permission to cross post granted.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Is the only thing you need is saliva? Fiona can become obsessive about lasers, but having only tried it 2x, I don't want to try it again. She used to chase her tail, but I stopped this behavior too, because it is obsessive. As long as we don't do things to enhance her obsessiveness that is latent, I am in.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Mine is obsessed with puppy biting and swallowing any object he can get into his mouth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts