German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help me i don't know what to do to my Belgian shepherd, turning 7months next week. He always bite me because of that i got so many scar in my arms, he's not listening to my commands unless he's inside in his crate, He is so rebellious. As soon as i open his crate he will run and destroy everything eventhough i walk him twice everyday and practicing NILIF. He is our 1st dog and i really want him to be part of our family. any advice will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have one too. Intended to rescue a GSD and got a Mal (or at least a mix) instead. We love him, he's great, but a handful. They are so smart, you need to use it to your advantage and train him. They like to be told what to do, if not they will come up with their own ideas which usually involve destruction! Definitely get into some training and maybe some other outlets for his energy & mental stimulation. How long do you walk him? Might need to go on a longer walk and mix in obedience while you're at it.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I remember thinking what you're thinking :)...I thought Mac was rebelling or just nuts. Turned out he needed more consistent training and a lot more exercise.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello guys thx for your reply

@marbury
that's what i wanted but im out of cash

@vwitt
OMG it also happened to me i was actually looking for a GSD but what we got is a Mal and i think he is a mix. i walked him for 40mins in the morning and 30mins for 6pm

@mac
thx for the advise sir, i'll invest more time in training him and be consistent

·
Registered
169 Posts
I also play the hide & find game, he loves that. I hide his kong all over the house and he searches for it and brings it back. Flirt pole is good too, it's like a big cat toy. Both are good activities in between walks.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
595 Posts
Please help me i don't know what to do to my Belgian shepherd, turning 7months next week. He always bite me because of that i got so many scar in my arms, he's not listening to my commands unless he's inside in his crate, He is so rebellious. As soon as i open his crate he will run and destroy everything eventhough i walk him twice everyday and practicing NILIF. He is our 1st dog and i really want him to be part of our family. any advice will be greatly appreciated

One thing I learned early on with ours, thanks to a friend, never do anything unless it is in a calm/relaxed state. And I am so glad I got that advice because I think it made a huge difference.

I don't know if you do this or not. when you let him out of the crate, make sure it is calm. It doesn't take long for puppies to figure out that the need to be calm and relaxed before they can eat, go in the crate, come out of the crate, go for walks, play ball, be petted, etc.

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
I have a 7 YEAR old malinut and he needs a minimum of 2 hours of exercise per day. When he was younger it was a lot more and that included off leash time and training (mental exercise). Leash walking is absolutely not enough--they really need some sort of job, something to work their body and brain.

They also need a clear, consistent and confident leader or they will run your house for you. ;)

My guy has to have something in his mouth when he's excited, when we go on walks, etc. This prevents him from mouthing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you all guys, i think i cant provide him the proper exercise and training starting next week because my class will start next week. He is our 1st dog and i love him from the bottom of my heart that's why im going to donate him in our local bomb squad i hope they can give him the happiness that i cant give to him. sorry for bad English :) thank you guys

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
First you have to check with your local bomb squad to see if he is something they'd be interested in.

If not, talk to your vet, they may know of someone who would take and give him a good home, just don't give him to "anyone". Check out who he's going to before you give him up.

You also could ask for local rescue info in your area.

I saw previous pictures of him and he doesn't look like a malinois to me, he looks like a gsd, or a gsd/mal mix.

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Well, I made the huge mistake of looking at your past threads so that I could see his picture and I also saw his incredibly offensive name.

I hope you find him a good home and they immediately change his name.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Before naming him hitler i made a list of name ( bruno,brownie and hitler) i know what he did in the past but i dont think its offensive. i ask my friends what name i should use. they say bruno and brownie is so common thats why i use hitler and i dont find anything wrong naming him hitler because everytime someone will ask his name as soon as they know his name their reaction is like " ahh ok" " his name is not common huh" and some are laughing. everytime i walk him @ 5am people in our area always greet him "Goodmorning hitler"

im so sorry for those people who find it offensive and i hope you understand my point even though im not good in English

·
Registered
58 Posts
I normally would not post anything negative but must say that I"m APPALLED by the name. Why give an innocent, loving dog a name that represents evil?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Here's an uncommon name... Hiemy. It's alot better than Hitler. Change his name now before you find yourself in a very uncomfortable position sometime. You don't seem like a bad person, but I'd change the name.

Oh where did I get the name Hiemy? It was a best friends nickname in school. It's the first four letters of his last name, he had a long last name. We just added the "Y" to the end cause it sounded cool.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts