German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I have Sable German Shepherd named Kasier who is 1. He loves to chew anything I give him. Unfortunately this means his bed aswell, anyone able to point me in the right direction for a bed that might be able to last longer than a couple of days. I will be training him not to chew the bed but id need something that could survive a few bites.

Thanks
Andrew + Kaiser
20201224_161018.jpg

·
Registered
1,500 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,256 Posts
Yes, the Kuranda.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I would have said the one that tastes like hot sauce, but I suppose an expensive one would do to...

Very nice looking boy you got there.

·
Super Moderator
5,631 Posts
Kuranda

Reactions: AKD

·
Registered
271 Posts
Wow I was about to post the same question, looks like Kuranda is the winner. I called them for their black aluminum ones which are out of stock, should be available first or second week of March.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Kuranda but get the aluminum frame if your dog is really motivated to chew. The vinyl fabric they offer is the most durable but least liked by dogs. In my experience, they prefer the mesh the best-- especially the shepherds who are always hot.

Kuranda sells all the parts individually, and I recently replaced the mesh from the one in my bedroom as it was starting to fray after a few years of bed digging by my shepherd. I'd say he's had at at least 3 years before I replaced just the mesh and it probably could have lasted longer.

I've had boarder dogs chew the plastic kuranda frames.

In crates I prefer tied down Primo Pads.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I tried k9 ballistics but my dog who was younger at that time, chewed it up pretty good. Mine was the crate bed.

They offer new bed or 50% re-imbursement. I took the 50%.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Kuranda but get the aluminum frame if your dog is really motivated to chew. The vinyl fabric they offer is the most durable but least liked by dogs. In my experience, they prefer the mesh the best-- especially the shepherds who are always hot.

Kuranda sells all the parts individually, and I recently replaced the mesh from the one in my bedroom as it was starting to fray after a few years of bed digging by my shepherd. I'd say he's had at at least 3 years before I replaced just the mesh and it probably could have lasted longer.

I've had boarder dogs chew the plastic kuranda frames.

In crates I prefer tied down Primo Pads.
I use Primo and love tnem. If they fit snugly it’s hard for the dog to lift a corner up to chew on it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Primo pads are the only thing that have survived so far …this igloo pad only lasted a few days and she was just 4months old.

·
Registered
115 Posts
We had the kuranda and he would not use it. Have the ‘Orvis tough chew bed’which had been dragged around and is indestructible. I believe orvis guarantees them.

·
Super Moderator
32,720 Posts
We bought our first Kuranda bed for Cassidy, who was an incorrigible bed chewer. That was 20 years ago. We ordered a second one when we got Keefer in 2005. We still have both those beds, and while they're a bit worse for wear they're fully functional. Cava isn't a chewer so I bought her the Sherpa fleece that goes on top. Mine are the Cordura nylon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts