German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Luna this morning had a weird stringy looking discharge, it was clear and no smell is coming from her. Luna isnt fixed yet and she is going in 8 months old, when angel went thru her hear cycle there wasn't any discharge I saw and she spotted a little bit during her whole cycle no mess, because she had HD we ended up fixing her but I feel it is far more beneficial for at least one heat cycle for the bone growth. Is the discharge a normal thing or no it is a bad thing?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Could be vaginitis. Katsu had that after her first heat and a round of antibiotics helped clear it up. I'd take her to the vet if it continues to have them check it out, or at least give them a call to see what they recommend.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took her to the vet. The vet saw the discharge but thinks its related to possible heat cycle. Luna active level is normal still, her vulva is getting bigger, she is needier I personally feel her heat cycle is days away. I will be collecting her urine and making sure it isnt a UTI. Her active level is normal but her behavior is different in a very subtle way, it is hard to explain just it's different ever so slightly not in a bad way but different way.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
The vet is probably right, I'm thinking. Just keep an eye on her, though, and if the mucus discharge persists, and doesn't change to the bloody discharge of a heat, let the vet know!

My female developed pyometra (massive infection in her uterus) at 18 months. With the heat prior to that one, she had a slight purulent discharge (creamy, greenish white) a couple of weeks after her heat was finished.

With the next heat, she developed a bloody discharge a couple of weeks after her heat.
And she was never mated, so this wasn't something she picked up from a male dog. Her behaviour was completely normal, until she stopped eating. Up until that point, I was thinking maybe it was a split heat.

So, yeah, stuff can happen!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She said it might also be silent heat. I never even heard of that. I am doing daily vuluva checks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts