German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Strider was 61lbs last earlier this week at the vet. I measured him tonite. He is 25 1/2" at the shoulder. He is only just turned 6 months old. Oh my. What am I going to do with a MOOSE on my hands lol. anyone else have a pup that was this large at 6 months? How big were they and how big are they now?

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Zoe was a huge puppy, but at almost 11 months is only 90 lbs. and holding. She hasn't gotten any taller in the last 2 months nor gained any weight so I think she's pretty much done growing except for a little filling out that will occur in the next year. Some pups just spurt up quick and stop kinda like kids...others are slower to start but end up just as big:)

·
Registered
27,315 Posts
Buy a saddle!
Karlo at 24 weeks was 62.5# 23" (I went by weeks til he turned 6 months)
At 6 months he was 63#. Now at 18 months he is 27" and about 95#, lean I can see/feel ribs and he is muscled, raw fed from the time he weaned.

Onyx is also on the larger end, she is the same weight as Karlo and about the same heightwise. Karlo is longer in body. For a female that is huge! She is almost 4 yrs.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Zoe was a huge puppy, but at almost 11 months is only 90 lbs. and holding. She hasn't gotten any taller in the last 2 months nor gained any weight so I think she's pretty much done growing except for a little filling out that will occur in the next year. Some pups just spurt up quick and stop kinda like kids...others are slower to start but end up just as big:)
Lol. Thats still HUGE!! lol.

Buy a saddle!
Karlo at 24 weeks was 62.5# 23" (I went by weeks til he turned 6 months)
At 6 months he was 63#. Now at 18 months he is 27" and about 95#, lean I can see/feel ribs and he is muscled, raw fed from the time he weaned.

Onyx is also on the larger end, she is the same weight as Karlo and about the same heightwise. Karlo is longer in body. For a female that is huge! She is almost 4 yrs.
Yeah, they are big! Thanks or the input. Strider is a very thick boy.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The bite pic of Karlo is breath-taking. In a good way... since I'm not the one with the sleeve.

·
Registered
505 Posts
My Stryder was 72 lbs at 6 months, he will be two in December an he is now 95lbs...I think he is finished for the most part...

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My Stryder was 72 lbs at 6 months, he will be two in December an he is now 95lbs...I think he is finished for the most part...
Wow. Im hoping Strider will even out. I dont want him over 100lbs for sure. But he will be what he will be I guess.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Stosh is 8 mos and 78 lbs, but looks long lanky and slim. He seems to have had a growth spurt lately and has gotten so tall but needs to fill out- but there's lots of time for that.

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
I have a littermate to Jane's (Onyx'girl) Karlo. Gryffon was 60 pounds at six months old but did not get as big as Karlo. At 18 months he is 26 1/2 tall, and 75 pounds. A bit over the standard, but swelte and athletic also.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im hoping he will be more Gryffons size. lol. I love him no matter what. But man, hes a moose lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts