German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with it from Springtime Inc?

They have free shipping all month, so I was checking out their stock, and read the testimonials from customers about the product. I went ahead and bought 700 pills for Frag.

I was just wondering what everyone's experience was with the product, what you bought it for, how much it helped/in what ways it helped, etc. Hoping that it will help Frag's anxiety a bit, the vet doesn't want to put him on meds because she doesn't believe his anxiety is bad enough to warrant it.

·
Registered
27,243 Posts
I looked at that last night when reading the new catalog, and it looks to me like citrus bioflavonoids are the key ingredient. I can get those cheaper at the local health food store, and already give it to Onyx(my anxiety dog) for her allergies. Hesperidin makes up 95% of the product, and that is just another citrus bioflavonoid.
IMO, for the cost, it should really show great results within a couple weeks or I'd want my $ back to put towards another product.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I have a couple of bottles but have only ever tried it once. Nova is a super anxious dog (used to be on Prozac) and I wanted something to give to him for vet visits, trips to my parents' house, etc. I ended up giving some to each dog just for the heck of it and all three had diarrhea. I probably will try it again to see if it was the Calmplex or just the stress of traveling, but I would caution you to try it when you can be around to monitor your dogs so they aren't having diarrhea all over... just in case!

·
Registered
27,243 Posts
Anything with vitamin C can upset the gut, you need to slowly build up the dosage.
For vet visits, or quick calming I give melatonin, it takes the edge off and doesn't have the side effects or "have to build up". And it leaves the system quickly.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well Frag is already on Vitamin C to try to treat mange, so hopefully he won't have too bad an issue.

I got a pretty good deal on a buy 2 get 2 deal, so I didn't spend as much as I would have regularly, thank gosh. I wondered about the citrus and figured there had to be an alternative cheaper or local, but really wanted to try it out just to see. I figure, if I end up not being able to use them for one reason or another on Frag, I may have a foster come through that they will benefit, or I can donate them to one of the rescues.

I'll make sure we start it on a weekend or something when someone will be around just in case! Thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts