German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been working my dog Mulder in PP training for a while now, and have sort of slowly been building up Ridley to doing some work too. Today was his first time on the sleeve, and he did GREAT. Nice full bites, very committed... latches on like a tick, but outs beautifully.

One thing odd that he did, though, was after he was awarded the sleeve he would take it off and start nursing on it. I thought he was chewing on it the first time, but it was clear he actually had it between his "lips" and was suckling on it.

The trainer didn't seem to think much of it, maybe just some stress behaviors because it was his first time with any sort of pressure applied to him (grabbing at the collar/ears/nose, nothing too serious). I've never seen him do it before, so I'm just curious if this is normal for young dogs or just some sort of quark he has?

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
My Sting will mouth his tugs after winning and before he brings them to me. He also does that to his soft squeaky bear toy. If Mulder also has a soft toy,you may notice the same behavior.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts