German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...this GSD was dropped off at my home by one of my girls friends, she was found in her neighborhood...the story is that her owners moved and left the dog(she had tags on) ...does this look like a purebred or mix?...she looks like a longhaired GSD....but her tongue has ALOT of black..I am thinking she may be mixed with Chow... I am taking her to the vet tomorrow, she is rather thin...although you cannot tell with the hair...she has a great personality.. I am trying to find her a home..in the meantime she will be staying with us. Thoughts?

PS..please do not look at my filthy garage...

·
Registered
27,270 Posts
I agree, she is GSD. GSD's or most any breeds can have black pigment on their tongue, it isn't a Chow gene.
Looks to me like she had her ears glued to make them stand, thats why they are so close together. I'd scan for a chip(you may be able to get the breeder/pedigree info from it).

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks....I think she is gorgeous as well...my daughters friend called me and was like...since you have one GSD...would you like to keep another one? I said "temporarily"...

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
She is gorgeous!! And thank you so much for taking her in. I don't understand how people can just leave their pets behind when they move. If my dogs couldn't go somewhere I wouldn't be going!!

·
Registered
31,978 Posts
What the **** is up with these people just abandoning their animals when they move?! grrrrr

·
Registered
27,270 Posts
Kacie was left when her owner moved out. The landlord found her and a cat after about 5 days....I'm surprised she didn't kill the cat, she is obsessed with the ones that live here!
She looks very much like Stryderpups newfound girl!
Kacie on her first visit before adoption:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do not understand why people leave their dogs either...I just cannot fathom that it is acceptable to leave a dog or cat for that matter that depends on us for food...when she got out of the car I was like "she is beautiful"... :wub:

onyx - she does look alot like your kacie

·
Registered
172 Posts
She's beautiful! But I don't see ANY mix in her (chow or otherwise). Thank you for taking her in, even if it is just temporarily! :)

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
She's quite a lovely long coat. I had a foster that looked just like her many years ago.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
definitely PB and beautiful! i dont understand how anyone can abandon their animals! Thank you for taking her in and helping to find her a much better home than the one she obviously has before. Good luck finding her a good loving home!!

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
She is very beautiful. You are not wanting to keep her?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well...I had been wanting to get another GSD... and I have been telling myself that now was not a good time and I was really unsure how the dynamics of the house would be if we added another dog to the mix...I introduced Stryder to her last night (although she has not been to the vet yet and I know this is frowned upon)...they have become best buddies...soooo you know what that means...we are probably keeping her :)

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
:happyboogie: Yippee for the pretty girl! I am so glad you took her in, I also do not understand how people can leave a pet behind.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
:happyboogie:

What is her name?

Are you going to keep her name the same or change it?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts