German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strauss will be 7 on April 13th. This photo was taken today.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Strauss is a very handsome boy! :)

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Gosh he's beautiful!!

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
Masculine male with high withers and a good topline, though something about his croup/rear area I don't like, but can't seem to put it into words. Maybe a lack of balance. His croup is steep. Good angulation front and rear. Good firm pasterns. Would like to see a bit tighter foot. His coloring is too faded for my tastes.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you, Lisa :)

His coloring is too faded for my tastes.
Too faded for mine too xD

though something about his croup/rear area I don't like
I can't put it into words for you, but I know that what I don't like about it is that he really doesn't have much turn of stifle. The rear is there, but there's no curvature, which I don't care for.

Really, overall I like to think he's not bad for a BYB dog xD!

·
Registered
215 Posts
I like him, he is not over exaggerated

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you. It feels like he's lost a little rear from age 5. I much preferred his turn of stifle then

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks! I'm really happy to say that people do NOT think he is his age! When we started flyball, one of the instructors asked how old he was. When I said six, they said "No way! I thought he was only three or four!"

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Very very good looking dog. At first I thought the colors were too faded....but on the second picture you posted he looks just awesome....the colors are perfect on him (my thoughts!!!).

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I love his red tones, but he needs a much darker saddle and mask. His pigment is poor (almost 7 and he still has pink in all his pads)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts