German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a small world we live in... today on our walk we came across a lost tortoise! We had seen lost flyers all throughout town for weeks and just knew this had to be the one! It was a non native species and seemed very friendly. We called the owner and she came right away, she was so excited! The tortoise had an identifiable mark on its shell. And... she recognized us!
Her dog was the dog that attacked Gandalf on the trail, and this was her tortoise! She also is a veterinarian and so is her husband. They were overjoyed to have finally reunited with their lost pet. She later texted me a photo of her daughters hugging their lost friend, that tortoise meant the world to their family. She wouldnt let us go without offering us a reward.
Life is too ironic to fully understand. It takes sadness to know what happiness is. Noise to appreciate silence & absence to value presence.

Today an enemy became a friend...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is awesome!!! Awww, right in the feels :)

Hey how is Gandalf feeling by the way? He looks great.
Thank you, it was just too good not to share :grin2:! He is doing better since his ER visit the other weekend, we haven't changed anything but he seemed to have made a full recovery. We're so relieved he is doing better but we're still worried he may have Mega E. . .. Unfortunately our pet insurance (Healthy Paws) denied our claim, they considered his "stomach problems" a preexisting condition so we will have to save up to take him in and get that diagnosed.... Someone mentioned to me that perhaps things happen for a reason. These people who lost their tortoises are also veterinarians, may be they will be the ones to help Gandalf feeling 100% one day. Their generous reward for finding the tortoise will certainly be going towards our vet bill :smile2: . I feel pretty grateful to have Gandalf, he is one special dog, miracles and amazing things just seem to follow him everywhere.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts