German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does your dog have any strange markings or odd colors? Maybe a figure 8 on his head or something?

Mandalay has a white line across her chin, right under her bottom lip. She also has a black circle on the back thigh.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Maxie did not have any strange markings, but when she lost her winter coat, she would get this weird cowlick on her rump, just forward of her tail, and it did not matter what I did, it would not come out until she grew her winter coat back.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Trick has an obvious cowlick in the hair on the top of her muzzle! It makes a wavy line down the middle of her nose. She's had it since she was a pup.

Tazer has bumps. She's got a golf-ball sized lump on the long bones of her left wrist which is very obivous, and a couple of other lumps on ribs and one on her tail. We suspect calcinosis circumscripta. So far the bumps havent bothered her a bit.

Melanie and the gang in Alaska

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Bianca has a darker black patch on one side of her saddle, but it's more noticeable in photos than it actually is in person. Also the tip on her tail makes her look like a fox (but in black instead of white.)

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Jake has mostly black face but has round patch of tan on both cheeks with what looks like a teardrop of black running down the tan patch

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
circle/tear marking same as your doggydog mark-wish I could grab a shot of Jake but for some reason after years of trying he thinks camera is some kind of death-ray poison dart and will NOT allow me to capture him on camera-really weird he does know when lens is on him and keeps moving/avoiding

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Originally Posted By: doggydoghow about a pic of Jake?
Here's my GSD, this qualifies as strange markings.
Is Jake a Panda Shepherd or a mix? Do you have any more pictures? If he is a Panda, what is he like? ~ Just curious, there is all this misconception about Pandas. It would me neat to find out once-and- for-all from a direct source. Maybe start a new thread, so not to hijack this one (or maybe NOT, because it might stir up a lot of controversy...depends on how brave you are.... ;-) )

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Yeah, Kenya had a "crop circle" on one hip for several months:

She also has a small white patch on her chest, and a black spot on her tongue. She has a tiny scar on the bridge of her nose.

Nikon has this funny curl of hair on the tip of his tail. I was going to cut if off for show but decided I like it. He has a small scar (more like a tiny spot with no hair) on the back of one ear where his bully littermate bit him while the pups were in the expen at NASS (they were 8 weeks).

·
Registered
742 Posts
My dog has silver tips on her back and her hair forms a wavy pattern on her but which is pretty visible because of the black against silver pattern. Wave continues a little on her tail, so it looks like she has a black cross on her tail.

·
Registered
77 Posts
That is called a bitch strip and is quite normal in blk/tan, she is beautiful, it may enlarge as she ages. She looks just like my girl when she was young.My girl is to dye for now at 3 .

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
hey flyinghayden-just want to comment that Maxie has teardrop in cheek that I questioned in other posts -Jake is very similar in pattern/coat--no big deal but I consider Jake a stock coat blanket back -black and tan no big deal cuz he is rescue but would you put Maxie in this category?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts