German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
your puppy looks like she doesn't feel well.

To me, anyway, there's just something "off" looking about her.

Have you had her examined by a vet?
Yes I’ve had two vets look at her and take xrays. The first vet said she has serious roach back and will need lots of help down the line. The second vet says she totally normal that she’s show line breed and sloped back. The xrays showed her hips are nicely seated and the back looks normal. I don’t know who to believe. The second vet was the one who said she could go for sale. The pet store said if I get a second vet to say she’s got issues, they will take her back to the breeder and refund my money. So that makes me sad cause I’ve bonded with her. I don’t know what to do. The other forum says she looks totally normal but I just feel like somethings off

·
Registered
292 Posts
The earliest I would consider hip xrays relevant is 6 months. While I can’t guarantee you the dog won’t or doesn’t have issues, that aren’t from the shape or appearance of her back.

·
Registered
7,606 Posts
Your puppy looks good and not “ sloped back” Sloped back often a misused term. she has a typical west German showline structure which often appear to have a roached back the way the back aligns. Some are more moderate, moderate and some are extreme. As she build muscle and weight her back may appear less roached. Her health should not be effected - she may perhaps be limited in her athletic ability or not limited at all. She is a cutie enjoy her.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts