German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stosh's snout started looking swollen, he didn't want me to touch the side of his head where the exit wound was and he started smelling bad. So I took him to the vet and the exit wound is healing nicely but his sinus has been draining and his nostril was all crusted over and full of gunk. The path of the bullet went through a sinus cavity. I had been cleaning the crustiness at the tip of his nose but had no idea it was so plugged up so far back! Poor Stosh, he's been such a good dog through all of this. Now he's on an antibiotic again and the vet gave me a supply of long Q tips that will reach all the way back. His eye is doing really well and it appears as though he can see quite well. A tremendous amount of progress in just two weeks.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
pooooor boy, I hope he feels better soon, you are a good momma;)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Aww Stosh, good boy! Hopefully he will be back to 100% soon.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Poor Stosh, sending a big hug from my way.

What has happened to the neighbor, any updates?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Poor Stosh and POOR YOU!!! You have really had to deal with so much lately. I pray this whole ordeal starts to head in the right direction FAST! I can relate to doggie nasal gunk. Olina had some really nasty, dried up bloody boogers stuck in her little snoot for a about a month with that Zygo. I did try to clean her snoot out on a daily basis just so she could breath!
Hang in there! We're all rooting for you 2!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
i hope he gets better 100% soon! and i hope you're keeping track of EVERYTHING you spent so you can charge that idiot for the cost!

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Awww....sorry to hear about his stuffy nose but you are right that he has made a remarkable recovery! Sending good vibes!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Awwwww poor Stosh. Hope the antibiotics help and he heals up soon and gets to feeling back to his ol' self again. Hugs to him!

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Such good news to hear that Stosh did not lose his sight in that eye, hope that the new year brings you all things good! :)

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He's been such a good boy and there have been so many factors to worry about that I missed the plugged up nostril until it became obvious. The exit wound looks great, the entry wound is healing, his eyesight is returning, but I relaxed and neglected the nostril and I feel bad about it. Right now he's snuggled down in his bed, breathing easy. I so wish they could talk and say 'hey mom, my nose is clogged and my head is killing me!'

·
Registered
32,036 Posts
A bullet through the sinus cavity would explain why he wouldn't chew when it first happened too. Hope he feels better soon. And I hope your yahoo neighbor is paying for this too.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
He's been such a good boy and there have been so many factors to worry about that I missed the plugged up nostril until it became obvious. The exit wound looks great, the entry wound is healing, his eyesight is returning, but I relaxed and neglected the nostril and I feel bad about it. Right now he's snuggled down in his bed, breathing easy. I so wish they could talk and say 'hey mom, my nose is clogged and my head is killing me!'

would certainly make things a lot easier sometimes if they could talk! I could ask Shasta if her hips really are kinda off like i think they might be and see what she says. and i could ask Riley why he's such a spazz OCD dog with some things! And i could ask Shelby why she freaks out though she knows we ALWAYS come back.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm not sure I'd like the answers I'd get from Stosh the past few weeks. I can't imagine how bad he must feel. But he's getting stronger every day.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Oh poor baby!! Give Stosh hugs for me. I hope he feels better soon.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He's gotten so mushy lately! I guess he enjoys all the attention that doesn't involve cleaning or treating or examining, etc.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ohh...poor guy. Long Q tips up the nose? Not sure I could stand someone
doing that to me... Good news about his eyesight though...

I know what you mean about being "mushy". Since her spay operation
Abby has decided she is a lap dog. A 60 pound lap dog...

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just can't imagine Abby as a lap dog- unless she was chewing the sofa or your pants.

1 - 20 of 135 Posts