German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our vet was happy with the results. He said if she was two, and we we're sending these to OFA.. they would probably be rated Good. :) I am happy with that, but now we just have to keep them that way!!

What do you all think?

Storm is just shy of 1yr (5/16/13). These were done under gentle sedation and not for OFA.

We will be xraying her hips again, as well as elbows when she's 2 for OFA ratings.

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Sorry I have no feedback. Congrats on the good news though . Your question is a obviously one anyone with a young dog or a dog in their prime would ask.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry I have no feedback. Congrats on the good news though . Your question is a obviously one anyone with a young dog or a dog in their prime would ask.
Thank you!:) We were excited for the good results, but we're not over the mountain yet. Once I get my OFA done on her at 2yr, then I'll feel much better.

I just want to see where she stands for a 1yr old. Also what else to do to keep them nice.

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
COngrats on the good news.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you both! :D It is definitely a huge stress taken off my shoulders! I'm so relieved! Her lines are strong, but you just never know. With 2 other HD dogs, I really really wanted her to be good. So thankful for these results. Now just another year to wait and see what OFA says.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
I've been watching for this update! Nice to see some good news! :D

I'm not an expert but it seems to me, especially as you train regularly, if something were to wrong you'd be seeing at least signs of it by now....in movement and something in the X-ray.

Two dogs HD+?

Duke too?

Thank you both! :D It is definitely a huge stress taken off my shoulders! I'm so relieved! Her lines are strong, but you just never know. With 2 other HD dogs, I really really wanted her to be good. So thankful for these results. Now just another year to wait and see what OFA says.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been watching for this update! Nice to see some good news! :D

I'm not an expert but it seems to me, especially as you train regularly, if something were to wrong you'd be seeing at least signs of it by now....in movement and something in the X-ray.

Two dogs HD+?

Duke too?
Oh I know... I needed some good news with the dogs hips!!

I figured the same... but, with two (yes, both Zira AND Duke :() with bad hips.... I HAD to have an answer. We also had to follow the contract. Hearing we had good news on her and seeing that xray made me sooooo relieved!!!

(Duke has Mild HD. I was so upset with all the concerns with him.... I forgot to snap a picture of the xrays. They are not the worst I've seen... but they are definitely HD)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts