German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya there. I've had quite a few pups with a problem with storms(frightened, anxious, won't stop pacing, etc) and figured I would share a quick method to help with this.

A friend of my recently got a GSD too, and her's was absolutely terrified of storms. So what we did was slowly and gradually raise the volume while she had this site open: Rainy Mood

It's a wonderful site, in my opinion. It gives you different levels of storms, and different types of thunder, all wrapped into one!

It took a bit for Rika to calm down and not have a problem, but by going slow, she was so desensitized, she had no problem when a big storm rolled by!

I hope this helps some people out :).

(Sorry if this is in the wrong spot!)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Fascinating. What a great idea. I found out yesterday that Kai is NOT a fan of thunderstorms. Poor guy. Thanks for posting this, I'll have to give it a try once our much LARGER issues are dealt with! :help: haha!

·
Registered
11 Posts
It would be nice if they had a site with lawn mower noises! My 18 week old is fine with thunder, but crates herself if my husband is mowing the grass - and she is inside the house while he does it! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I'm scared of storms but Lara is not LOL :(

·
Registered
27,251 Posts
The barometric pressure and static are probably to blame for a dogs tension/anxiousness during storms more than the noise and lightening.
We just had a severe storm roll thru(tornado warnings) and my dog that never cares about storms was right next to me thruout it.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Bella is scared of storms as well... She runs back and fourth constantly like a nervous wreck but after a while she settles down but we need to reassure her that she will be fine.. I also just raise the volume to the TV so that she can't hear outside and that also seems to calm her.. Hey whatever works I guess lol...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts