German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Needing to vent a little.

For a little over a week now, I have suspected that Dillinger may have a UTI. Every morning when he pees it kind of spurts and drips out and takes him as long as two minutes to finish peeing. The more I take him out the better the flow gets but by no means is it a normal flow. I'd say it gets maybe 50% better.

We have a vet that comes into the grooming salon where I work every 1st Saturday of the month to do free wellness check ups/shots and to supervise our anesthesia free teeth cleaning service. I described to her Dillingers symptoms and without being able to run any tests she suspected stones or a prostate infection because he isn't neutered and advised me to go to my regular vet asap.

I will be making a vet appointment for him some time this week to get to the bottom of this. Here's where my venting is needed:

I am so over taking this dog to the vet. He has been nothing but a money pit from the start. I got him at 4 months and with in two weeks of owning him he needed a hernia surgery that was 500 and something dollars, horrible case of pano, faulty temperament, and his 2nd year of life a serious spine issue that I don't even want to add up the cost for that ordeal. His vet file, where I keep all of his receipts is over an inch thick and he just turned 3 March 24th. Did I mention green eye boogers from his left eye that also popped up 3 days ago? Another vet bill makes me want to shoot myself! Don't get me wrong, I love this dog to death and couldn't ever fathom being without him. He's the worst yet perfect dog ever. When I wanted him (ex bf bought him for me) I made a commitment to own him for better and for worst, in sickness and in health, just like a marriage which is how I think dog ownership should be. Times like this make me want to pull my hair out. I didn't even know dogs can get stones! Lol just needed to complain to fellow dog people that won't give me the "he's just a dog" or "give him away/pts" line. I get those a lot from people I know.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
24,301 Posts
Prostate Enlargement in the Dog

I would get him to the vet today - this is very painful. The prostate can torque and really make a mess of them, internally. He's 3 and neutering will give him some relief, and also give him some more oomph, as his body will have one less place to deal with!

Bladder and Urethral Stones in Dogs: From Various Types to Treatment and Removal

Also not comfy.

Obviously your dog is with you for a reason - that being that you will stick by him, where others might not. Thankful for that, because many other dogs WOULD be PTS/given away or left off at a shelter.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the articles. I too think that's why he's with me. That's the sad reality, some people are very quick to take their dog to the shelter/pts once constant health issues pop up.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts