German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I don't know if you are asking about all the puppies, but the first and last one appears to be a coatie! They're very cute! Is one of them yours?

·
Premium Member
11,311 Posts
long stock ("plush") for sure.....no way to tell if true long coat (no undercoat) until it is older, but definitely not a stock coat

Lee

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
beautiful long stock coat :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Here's a few more pictures. Actually I have two little girls that look like long coat's one is called blue-green and the other one is red. No real names yet. :) but to me blue-green looks like a long coat and red Im just not 100%.
Whats a long stock coat? Is that a long coat with an undercoat?

Attachments

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
Aren't you supposed to already know this, if you're a breeder?

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Oh, I followed your link and fell in love with Red on the video! I adored how she toddled to who ever was filming. What a sweetie!

I really must stop looking at puppy pictures! I need to make a decision with a clear head and that is impossible when I keep looking at puppy pictures!
Sheilah

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Here's a few more pictures. Actually I have two little girls that look like long coat's one is called blue-green and the other one is red. No real names yet. :) but to me blue-green looks like a long coat and red Im just not 100%.
Whats a long stock coat? Is that a long coat with an undercoat?
Yes a long stock coat is a long coat with an undercoat, aka like 90% of "long coat" gsds you see. The true long coat - one lacking an undercoat - is very rare to my knowledge.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Aren't you supposed to already know this, if you're a breeder?
I have never had a long coat in a litter before. I have seen my friends that are breeders have long coats in their litters but they don't look quite the same. We show and compete with our dogs. Our friend and trainer ( 30 years of showing and training GSD's) who's wife is in SV judge was also not 100%. Asking questions and getting more information is what makes you an educated breeder. Intern can also help you better the breed. The more information you can gather from different sources the better you become every day. :hug:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts