German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I take Rex to the Vet today for a checkup and ask about his ears. His ears stand up but one always tilts toward the inside sharply. I acts almost as if the cartlidge has been bent inward not unlike a cats ears when they get bent backwards. My wife asked him about this and what would cause it and he visually inspects the inside of the ear. The vet then said it looks like the breeder may have put a ''stitch'' in the ear when he was a pup to encourage the ear to stand and it backfired. Has anyone ever heard of this before. If it was something that the breeder did he sure did not help out Rex any.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I would talk to the breeder first and let them know what your vet says. I am no expert but I never have heard of this. Then again I never got any of my dogs from a breeder.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He is 16 months old. I'd never heard of it either. It was actually my wife that took him to the doc today. He said you usually see breeders of dobermans and boxers do it but he has seen shepherd breeders do it before. He then showed my wife the inside of his ear where he indicated that it appeared to have a ''stitch scar''.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts