German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wolfie peed once this morning at about 9:30 and did his poops too. Nothing more after that. WTH!! He is eating and drinking normally and playing still nothing. I called my vet and they were closed for the night. I called another walk in veterinary clinic and asked if I should bring him in. They said it didn't sound like anything much and it isn't an emergency. I don't know. I am still worried.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Frag's gone 6-9 hours without peeing or pooping a couple of times since he was about 8 months old. I wouldn't be worried if he DOES go again. If he doesn't go at all between this morning and 24+ hours, I'd be worried.

I would watch for signs of lethargy and lack of appetite, but it doesn't sound like much of an issue.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. It's hard not to worry, but he is eating drinking and acting normal, so that is encouraging.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
They do like to worry us don't they :( Hoping Wolfie does his business soon to put your mind at ease :)

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
My dog didn't poop for 2 days after she had diarhhea once. But she still peed. But I wouldn't worry about it too much if he is still acting normal...eating and drinking.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YAY!! He finally went! I thought I was going to be out there all night while he peed. That was a long one!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts