German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a male GSD in Ill for a few weeks. I never imagined it would be this hard to find a good puppy. All the breeders I have found have all males reserved, and only have a few females available.

Are there any Illinois breeders (or Wisconsin, Michigan) reading this, that have a working line male available?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Boy, you left it pretty wide open. What are you planning on doing with pup? Companion, rally, ob, dock diving, schh,?? Is it your first gsd?

Lots of good midwest breeders and some with male puppies. Where did you look so far?

Need more information to help.

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
A few weeks is a very short time frame. I know several great breeders in this region but most do not breed often and the pups are often spoken for in advance. It's not hard to find a great puppy but will probably be difficult to find one that is instantly available.

·
Banned
5,124 Posts
Yeah most good working lines in the region get sold to people the breeders know. People that have been waiting for a dog from this bitch or that bitch for a year or two.

Have you talked to Bill Kulla? I know he breeds a bit more consistently and I've seen his dogs work...pretty impressive.

I don't really have any working line breeders to recommend with pups on the ground right now, but I can tell you of some American dogs if you PM me.

·
The Italian One
8,729 Posts
I'm not sure what you're looking for in your future pup.

So I'm not sure if this would be a good fit for you but you could check and see if this breeder will take a reservations for a male on her upcoming litter; Zu Treuen Händen Working German Shepherd Dogs
This is where we got one of our dogs and I'd highly recommend her but you will have at least a 3-4 months wait for the puppy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm preferably looking for working line for Schutzhund, and family companion. But I've opened up to show lines also. Yes, I've called Bill Kulla and many others. Like you said, people are waiting for months for breedings and the pups are spoken for.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure what you're looking for in your future pup.

So I'm not sure if this would be a good fit for you but you could check and see if this breeder will take a reservations for a male on her upcoming litter; Zu Treuen Händen Working German Shepherd Dogs
This is where we got one of our dogs and I'd highly recommend her but you will have at least a 3-4 months wait for the puppy.
I'll check them out, thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts