German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a while back i had taken tyson to the vet because he had been limping around. the vet said it was a sprain...well he's still limping and its been a month, the limping has never stopped so i have had him in the crate more than he usually is. when i come home from work, after he has been in the crate all day, he comes out of the crate walking just fine. its getting frustrating because he's a freakin spaz! and does not calm down because i cant run him or walk him because of this limping. he starts limping after i let him outside to do his business because he usually bolts around the yard like he just got done smokein crack.

im a bit weary about getting the x-rays done because of the price compared to what they will tell me. i talked to the vet today and pano sounds like it likes to shift and its only been with this one leg. we also discussed another problem it could be, i cant remember the medical term but it has something to do with growth plates
. i need some ideas on what this could be. im sorry that i cant provide u with more info but any help is good at this time.

·
Registered
964 Posts
UAP ununited a.... canot spell. It is where the growth plate does not close. Quincy has this and we are doing some sort of (expensive) alternative medicine treatment. Other than now being in the poor house I am happy with the results.

Quincy has limped for the major portion of time we have had him. Breeder said Pano but like your pup it was always in the same limb. X-rays confirmed the growth plate was not closing.

If you are interested PM me and I will try to get info on the injections. So far two. Possibly one more in two months. As I type the expense really was cheaper than sugery. Each visit was around 500 but that included acupuncture an xrays.

The cost is well worth it as Quincy is a happy active pup now with no exercise restrictions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts