German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I need help again.
Zack just won't stop stealing stuff. If we leave him for a minute in the room alone, he'll already steal something from the table or whatever there is.
Most of the times if we ignore it, he'll just keep on munching on it until I decide to chase him and take it from him. Same thing happens if it is something valuable, we can't just let him chew it forever until he is bored.
I think he has enough chewing toys, but I just want him to stop stealing stuff...
Please help... Ignoring doesn't work...

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
You need to teach him leave it and drop it, so that if he does get stuff you can get it from him with no problems. How much exercise does he get? What kind of stuff is he stealing..food? From the kitchen? By chasing him you are making it fun for him and dogs like that, so I wouldn't do that anymore:)

·
Registered
15,976 Posts
How old is Zack? (Asking because this may be young dog/puppy stuff).

Well, regardless, the way to stop this is to take him with you when you leave the room. If he can't be unsupervised, he cannot be unsupervised. [You don't know how often I miss the most obvious solution!] I think you will be amazed at how this solves the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts