German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I RECEIVED AN EMAIL REGARDING THIS SENATOR. I WENT TOT HE SHELTER WEBSITE AND COULD NOT FIND THIS GIRL POSTED. IS ANYONE AWARE OF THIS SITUATION - AND THE OUTCOME?? DOES THIS GIRL STILL NEED TO BE RESCUED??

THE STORY AND HER PICTURE ARE AT THIS WEBSITE:
http://www.disaboom.com/Blogs/disabled_p...ot-shelter.aspx

State Senator Takes Pregnant Dog to "High-Kill" Shelter
4/1/2008 at 04:41 PM

South Carolina State Senator Kent M. Williams (D) reportedly had Animal Control pick up his pregnant German Shepherd Dog a few days before this Easter and deliver her to a shelter known to euthanize a high percentage of the animals in its care. In animal rescue parlance, such a shelter is called "high kill." Four days later, the dog, pictured to the right, delivered eight puppies.

The Marion County Animal Shelter is the subject of some controversy locally. A rescue group wants to take it over, as does County Councilman John Rogers, who has left two dogs at the shelter recently. Senator Williams, who represents SD 30 (where the shelter is located) is likely to have a role in deciding who will operate the shelter in the future.

HERE IS THE SHELTER WEBSITE:
http://search.petfinder.com/shelterSearc...sort=&preview=1

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
This is the email I received. It has the contact information for writing letters and sending emails!!! What a great leader he is and what a fine example he is setting! I'm hoping he will hear from lots of us. Let's show him what we think of this callous act.

Dear Fellow Dog Lovers,
>
> I am writing to you to ask you to consider writing a letter to the local
> newspapers and calling the office of Senator Kent Williams of South
> Carolina. He dumped his very pregnant German Shepherd Dog in a South
> Carolina shelter, and she had puppies 4 days later.
> This might be a great opportunity to highlight the need for responsible
> dog ownership in the south, and for the importance of spay/neuter. If
> anyone is interested in setting up protests outside the fine senator's
> offices, I would be happy to help set that up, too.
>
> The fine Senator's office address and phone number:
>
> 602 Gressette Bldg., Columbia, 29201
> Bus. (803) 212-6008
> E-Mail Address: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
WHAT A JERK, GOD, nothing makes me madder than these idiots that take on a animal and then decide at some point, they dont want to deal with them. he got this darn dog knocked up and decided suddenly he didnt want to deal with it? URRRRRRGGGG. IT MAKES ME FURIOUS. im sorry guys but this is just ridiculous. more and more people are doing it. A state senator no less. Jerk. i sent him a email he wont like, jerk.
has anyone heard if she and the babies are okay? sorry for getting angry guys.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Thanks Lori
I didn't make the connection...DUH!
This is No-Name Momma! Now Gretchen. Seems Dawn or Hopes Rescue may have a home for her. Fingers Crossed.

SEND THOSE LETTER AND EMAILS TO THIS LOW LIFE!!!

·
Registered
481 Posts
What a wonderful leader figure. First, whether intentionally or not, he gets his dog pregnant. Oops, don't want that responsibility, so he throws it away to a hk shelter. Compounding the problem he should be working against. If he shuns responsibility in his dog, I believe he is doing it elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Well, i wonder how this senator will react when he receives 200 or more letters from Canada. I spread the word pretty fast up here and the letters were being sent out hand over fist. Flyers were being handed out at the Toronto Zoo and my son in law contacted everyone he knows in Virginia about it. Any news on whether she has been saved yet?

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
Confirms what I always thought about politicians..

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
THIS is 'no name Momma?' He didn't even provide her with a name when turning her in... guess she really was just an 'it' to him, as he indicates.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Gotta love an idiot who is gonna breed a dog from a shelter....Sounds like politics is the right job for this jerk...He obviously is right up there with all the other idiots holding a political office that DO NOT consider animals have rights. Give me 5 minutes with this guy! PLEEEEEASE!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
he probably did not give her a name to sign her into the shelter with because then that would denote that HE had ownership of her at some point and as with all good politicans, IF IT CANT BE FOUND, IT CANT BE PROVEN, THEREFORE, I DID NOT DO IT.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts