German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are officially starting BARF for breakfast tomorrow morning. We bought Top Hand (made in Cranbrook, BC Canada) patties to give Link (70 lb 8 month old GSD). I wanted to buy chicken parts and feed that but DH is totally against it. I did get him to agree to patties in the morning and kibble at night. Hopefully I can convince him to do a total BARF diet of patties soon. The only thing we add to the patties is Salmon oil. I am very excited, can't wait for tomorrow morning!!!

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
Yes yes yessss!! I am so happy for you.. but even MORE happy for sweet and handsome Link!
Please let us know how Link likes his new goodies.
He will be a healthy, happy boy enjoying fresh food!

·
Registered
403 Posts
How did it go with the first feeding?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The first feeding went great. We gave him 2 1/2 lb patties and some Salmon Oil. He chowed it down and was looking for more. Starting tomorrow he will have 1 1/2 lbs of patties and Salmon Oil in the morning. Tonight he will get kibble.

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
YEAHHH!! Lucky Link!! I bet he is loving it.
With partial raw, you will still see improvements I am sure. How great for Link that you are doing this for him! I am so happy for him.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I AM SOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today is the first time in about a month that there was no pudding poop. Yes DH and I were on poop patrol today, it is actually firm enough to pick up and not leave any behind. YEAH!!!!!!! Second morning went great, he whined while DH was getting it ready but that we can deal with. We are seriously thinking about switching totally.

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
YAYYY Eve-Lynn and Link and DH!! How cool is that with the poops de perfection?
Grimm *never* had nice poops until raw. I had tried the best, snobbiest kibbles, too-- Timberwolf, Innova, and Orijen. Raw made a difference for Grimm, too. Do not worry if the poop color changes depending on if Link eats chicken, beef, or fish. Also, do not worry about a rare softer-than-usual poop, as it can just mean a bit too much oil that one day, or too little bone.

I understand about the whining. I honestly believe dogs KNOW that they are now getting the active enzymes, available vitamins and minerals, etc.. and go nuts for the raw.

Yippieee for Link!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts