German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day i was walking around my house with my shadow Karma. While coming down the stairs, knowing she was on my back right, i put my arm down and opened my palm to her. She instantly nosed it. i then lowered my left hand, and did the same thing, she then went to my left side and nosed that hand! Now whenever i walk around the house (and not carrying the baby), i will do this from time to time. It has now almost became a mini game for her and i to play.

We did get a toy from a co-worker of my that you hide treats in, and she has to use her nose to move things around to access the toy. Kid you not she had all of the treats out in under 5 minutes.

I'm wondering what i can possibly do with this.. What types of games or training could come of this?

·
Registered
712 Posts
I do treasure hunts fairly regularly within my dogs. I don’t know that it trains for any kind of sport but they have a lot of fun. I make them sit and wait in another room while I go hide treats around the house, then when I’m done I tell them to “go find it” and they scurry excitedly through the house sniffing like crazy.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
I bought the student nose work kit for my dog and highly recommend it! We've had hours of fun in the winter playing "find it". The kit comes with a small metal container that has a magnet in it, so you can stick it to appliances or cars, for more interesting hides.

Reactions: car2ner

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
awesome ideas! I hid a treat in my pocket a couple days ago and she did everything BUT try and chew it through my pocket lol. Going to try these little indoor games. I live in michigan and the cold weather has hit us

1 - 4 of 4 Posts