German Shepherds Forum banner

161 - 180 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Thanks yall - it has been a journey trying to find the right thing for him (or mix of things).

He gets more blood work tomorrow. Glad to have him as part of our pack. He is just a little Angel. I don't think he can hear though - or has very bad hearing. I can talk and even walk in a room and he doesn't notice me unless I clap loudly or get right up on him....nothing like my other GSD that moves at the sound of any noise.

Doesn't matter though...he is a sweetie and I love him. It was meant to be. He is so gentle when he lets me hug him and give him kisses. He likes to bury his head in my head and my chest!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
I'm glad he's working out with you! It definitely does sound like it was meant to be.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Thanks yall - it has been a journey trying to find the right thing for him (or mix of things).

He gets more blood work tomorrow. Glad to have him as part of our pack. He is just a little Angel. I don't think he can hear though - or has very bad hearing. I can talk and even walk in a room and he doesn't notice me unless I clap loudly or get right up on him....nothing like my other GSD that moves at the sound of any noise.

Doesn't matter though...he is a sweetie and I love him. It was meant to be. He is so gentle when he lets me hug him and give him kisses. He likes to bury his head in my head and my chest!
Good luck tomorrow. I PM'd you some info on med therapy for K9's.
I live in the southwest metro and we've had a couple of dogs with seizure disorders.
If you feel like sharing, PM me your vets contact info. I just found out yesterday that our vet may be moving her practice into the southern part of the state and I want to be prepared in case.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Congratulations! I'm so pleased to hear that your sweet boy is making progress....:thumbup:

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Blood work came back very good. His Phenobarb levels are right in the middle so he has plenty of room to move up if we need to ever up the dosage. He is also doing better with the medication. The early side effects have tapered off. I still believe he doesn't hear well and sometimes has vision trouble. But in all, he is one of the sweetest souls I've ever met. I really love when he comes to me and lets me hold his head in my hands and I just give him kisses on his head and on his cheeks and give him hugs. He loves to be loved.

He gets his 3 meals a day and is doing well. Medication with breakfast and dinner.

@KZoppa - yeah - I think it was meant to be too! But it was still cool that you were going to try to help this guy out. And it was nice to meet you.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
So far so good! and what a history with Jack so far! He is such an Angel!!!!!!

He is doing well on the Kumpi (of which I said I would not feed again due to a personal issue but the past is the past - my dog's health is what is key to me right now), the Phenobarb and the Doxy. Keep the fingers and paws crossed and prayers going he continues with no seizures!!!! Last seizures was 2nd January - today is the 19th of January and he is doing well.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
It was great meeting you too!! I'm just glad Jack got out of there and is happy. THATS what counts. He's safe and that was the ultimate goal. give jack hugs for me!

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
It was great meeting you too!! I'm just glad Jack got out of there and is happy. THATS what counts. He's safe and that was the ultimate goal. give jack hugs for me!
I gave him a BIG HUG for you and he was so wanting to come to work w/me this morning. He was so cute!!! Like - "daddy....can't I just come sit with you - I promise I will be quiet!" :D

And I believe he would be. John says he whines a lot looking for me in the house...and when I get home he is all settled like - "all is good - we are all home!"

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
I gave him a BIG HUG for you and he was so wanting to come to work w/me this morning. He was so cute!!! Like - "daddy....can't I just come sit with you - I promise I will be quiet!" :D

And I believe he would be. John says he whines a lot looking for me in the house...and when I get home he is all settled like - "all is good - we are all home!"

ahh!!! thats sweet!!!! darn teddy bear dogs! no big tough monsters around here lol. oh no. The whole lot of them are teddy bears.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
HOOORAY for Jack.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
great news for that jack-son boy. i have one who does the head thing in the lap and chest, and loves to get kisses more than he wants to give them. it's just the best, huh?

i am so happy for jack. he has surely found his person. thanks again for helping a sheppie!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
yay!!!!

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Great news!

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
That's the best news I've heard all day-- but the other news is that I have bronchitis...Still, excellent new! I know you're so relieved and happy

161 - 180 of 209 Posts