German Shepherds Forum banner

201 - 209 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
All, Since you were instrumental in the process of helping me coordinate rescuing Jack, I wanted to come back to you to let you know that Jack passed away on 30 July 2015. He had gallbladder surgery, his already low albumin dropped even further and two days after the surgery he went septic and I had to make the horrid decision to let him go. Thankfully I was able to say goodbye.

If you would like to read about the last bit of his journey and see his film I made in 2012, you can visit Jack, German Shepherd Dog, Medical by Robert Davis - GoFundMe please note I am NOT asking anyone to donate by putting up the link. It just is the place where I have his last days' story.

Thank you again for being there so I could find him and give him an awesome life. He touched me more than anyone can ever know.... he was love incarnate.

Thank you.

Robert Davis

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. You and Jack had a very special bond.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss, Jack was an amazing dog and reading your beautiful story made me both happy and sad. You are a wonderful person for giving him such a great life.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Thank you gsdsar and MishkasMom. He was a special little soul filled with so much love yet his body just couldn't keep up. Always one thing or another. I will always be thankful for being introduced to him and having him touch my life in only the way the unconditional love from a dog can do. He will be missed always.

edit: here is the direct link to his video as today I'm closing the go fund me today. thank you all again for being a part of his journey to freedom. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEU438-V5nA

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Robert I'm so sorry for your loss. I remember Jack very well. I'm so glad you were able to give him a loving place to call home. I hope he enjoyed many more chicken nuggets lol. I remember he was very much not interested in getting out of your rental car even for nuggets haha.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I read your posts and I'm glad that you stepped out on a limb and adopted Jack. You are truly a blessing and I'm quite sure that God will reward you for reaching out and saving Jack from a life of neglect, sorry for your losses and continue to have a loving heart.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Thanks you Kzoppa. Yeah. He was so shut down then. He loved his nuggets finally. I had to feed him by hand for about a year. He would never grab the food. He let me place in his mouth like a bird :) he was so spoiled. If he didn't have some kind of topper on his food he would wait like 'um dad... You forgot something.' Amazing how much he touched my life. Miss him like crazy.

201 - 209 of 209 Posts