German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
25,398 Posts
I'd give more C ~ 500mg daily upping it to 2000mg over a weeks time, split between meals. And continue this along with Salmon oil(2000mg) and vitamin E(400iu) all human grade.
What are you feeding him?
If he injured or jambed a joint, you may be paying far more than $400 in the future.
I would see if you can get prelim x-rays done as soon as you can afford it(hips and elbows), research different vets in your area for the most experienced in positioning and the least expensive(experience would be more important than cost, IMO)
Not sure where you are but the price in MI is anywhere from $80 to $300+ depending on the vet, but the $80 is very experienced w/ positioning and reading the films.

· Registered
25,398 Posts
I gave Ascriptin(coated aspirin) when Onyx had a real bad bout of Pano. But I didn't give the C which will reduce inflammation. Now I know better and when Karlo went thru a bout, his was not as long as I gave C daily. They were both rawfed, but large in structure.
If you can't feel ribs on Rocky, then reduce his amounts. As growth spurts are constant, I'd go by ribs vs the regimented amounts~ adjust as needed.

· Registered
25,398 Posts
For the health of your pup, I would invest in the Wellness. Are you giving the higher dosage of vitamin C?
Tracking is a great way to work the mind and the body isn't put in major overdrive. I would lay his meals in a track if possible. When my dogs had Pano, I would just let them self limit and use common sense as far as what I did with them for exercise. I hope Rocky's bout gets over quickly, I think getting him off the BB will help.
He is handsome!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.