German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took Halo to a Splash Dogs event last weekend, and she added a foot to her previous best jump from last year! She's still not jumping that far, but considering it's my husband's sport with her and he does zero training other than show up at an event once or twice a year and do a few practice jumps into the pool before and between each wave of competition, she does all right. They both have fun, and she absolutely LOVES it.

I didn't get many decent pics of her jumping, I was having trouble with my auto focus, which seems confused by her sable coat unless I'm up close, but there were several members of my flyball club there too, and the husband of one got some good pics. Here are Jason's pictures of Halo:

And mine:

"But I don' WANNA come out of the pool!" *pout*

She was second in her division in both waves, but came in third in the finals. She was very impatiently waiting her turn to jump:

"Is it time yet?"

"Now?"

Taking out her frustration at having to wait by destroying the tennis ball she finds on the ground

More pics to follow....

·
Super Moderator
32,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Members of my flyball club:

Mollie's BC puppy Ninja - Mollie was not there because she had to work on Saturday, so someone else jumped him

JJ's dog Page, an ACD who is one of our height dogs

JJ's dog Riot

Xena, a JRT, and another of our height dogs

Michelle's rescue mix Jasmine

And last but not least, Michelle's amazing ACD Cannon, who is a machine!!!

Michelle is amazing, in addition to flyball and dock diving, she does lure racing, disc sports, and agility with her dogs. :wild:

It was a really fun day, and all the dogs were jumping great!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Wow thats awesome! Love the pics of Halo, and all the other dogs of course! So jealous, its one of the sports I would have loved to put Diesel in because she loved the water and was a fabulous jumper but there are absolutely no dock diving near me, when I move back to Ontario I will be doing it with Penny (should she love the water which she has already gone for a few swims in the river here and seems to enjoy it :) )

Thanks for sharing those awesome pics!

·
Super Moderator
32,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I LOVE your Halo.... and her pout!
She is a world class pouter, lol! While we were waiting for her turn in the finals she was screaming her fuzzy little head off, and then she'd fling herself on the ground and put her head between her paws and pout for awhile. "Poor ME!!!!" :laugh:

She is tons of fun, and we love her enthusiasm. :wub:

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
What a fun group! These dogs are so athletic.
This may be too far from you, but in Carmel Valley there will be a dog sports center under development soon, and they advertised dock diving. Can't wait!

·
Registered
9,713 Posts
The second pic is my favorite. Love how she is holding her paws!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
very cool!!!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Awesome pictures. It's such a cool sport.
Mia loves the water but will only jump from steps that are partially submerged in water. I'm having problems showing her that she is able to jump from the sides!

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Those are such great pictures...looks like a great time..

·
Super Moderator
32,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, everyone!

This may be too far from you, but in Carmel Valley there will be a dog sports center under development soon, and they advertised dock diving. Can't wait!
How cool! That is a bit far for me, though.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Great pictures!!!! Halo has the life doesn't she?

·
Super Moderator
32,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
One more I just got yesterday - Jason, who took the good pictures, still has hundreds to go through from that event, so they're trickling in!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts