German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an animal lover (not a fan of pet birds though), I would love to own a Cane Corso Mastiff. I am in love with them, but they are so HUGE! I would love to have a Rottie and a Doberman as well!!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I will probably only ever have GSD's since that is what I have always had.

But lately I have been admiring the ACDs/heeler type dogs.

·
Registered
990 Posts
They are often nasty pieces of work - sneaky, snappy and aggressive - at least the working ones here - I'd NEVER have one as a pet even if it was the last dog on earth.
Having said that one of my work mates has a little bitch, she's sweet as but has been raised in a shop so really used to people (she's terrible with other dogs tho)

I'd love to own an Irish Wolfhound :D

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
A dry mouthed English Mastiff?:p

I'm counting down, 3 more years at least before I can get my Rottweiler (unless a miracle happens and I find a landlord that will rent to me with one before then).

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
There are lots... Right now I'm interested in Beaucerons and Hovawarts but I'm not sure a Hovawart is really a good match for me. I also like Swissies but same thing, and Leonbergers.
I love big dogs, but I also like some terrier breeds like Border Terriers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I will probably only ever have GSD's since that is what I have always had.

I love them too and have always had them. My last dog was a border collie x red cattle dog (red heeler) and one of my current dogs is a GSD x kelpie.

I love the cattle dogs...some of the most intelligent dogs around. Incredibly loyal and a beautiful personality...so trust worthy.

I live in sydney (city), Australia so obviously no cattle to herd around here but lots and lots of walking and exercise. Especially with kelpies...they can go from sun up to sun down and never drop.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Hmm...

I'd really like to own a neapolitan mastiff, a big wrinkly, drooly dog lol. Also a bloodhound, which me and my boyfriend have already agreed will be our next dog. :D

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Beauceron
Doberman
Rottweiler
Irish Wolfhound
Scottish Deerhound
Maltese (I know, I know but they're adorable and I enjoy working with them)
Pomeranian
Cardigan Corgi
Australian Cattle Dog
Australian Shepherd
Border Collie

There's a few others but its late and I'm tired.

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
I would really like a Border Terrier but the main thing stopping me is this "has to be on a leash" thing. I enjoy our offlead walks in the woods immensly.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
I really enjoy the personality of GSD & don't really see myself owning any other breed. I do adore Corgi's and think they are tough little dogs.

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Doberman...I really like the look of these dogs.

·
Registered
24,301 Posts
I like to read these reviews: 180 Purebred Dog Breeds – Dog Breed Reviews We've used them for adopters because while general, they make you think.

I have/had GSD, Chow, Border Collie, Schipperke, Spitzy, Sheltie (I think he's a breed mix of Sheltie/Corgi/BC and possibly GSD in a tiny 30# package of stalking and herding if you can imagine it) mixes. Not sure if I would want PB versions of any of them except the GSD, but do enjoy the mixes very much!!! Love the Chow attitude.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I saw a Newfoundland at Petsmart. I didn't realize they were so HUGE. It was laying down, and I wanted to lay down and cuddle with it, it was like a giant teddy bear! So, depending on what their personalities are like, maybe one of those. :)

I also wouldn't mind owning a pitbull. Mostly just because I think there are so many that need to be rescued, and they have such a bad rap, it would be nice I think to adopt one or two and make a teeny tiny difference in at least their lives.

Lastly, I have a huge crush on the Irish Wolfhound. I dream of owning acres of land with a pack of those running around with me!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Hovawart, beauceron, malinois, flat coated retriever, rott, cane corso, irish wolfhound, giant schnauzer, Black russian terrier, pomeranian, saluki , border terrier, great dane....

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Our next dog in about 2 years will be a Doberman, as I mentioned on the other post that I don't like sharing a sidewalk with people (joke) :p imagine dual wielding a shep and a dobe! win!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Bernese Mountain Dog - I love their looks. There is some speculation that they were one of the breeds used in the creation of the GSD.
Rottie or Rottie mix - I met a female Rottie mix who had terrific obedience and I was tempted to adopt her but she was already spoken for.
A beautiful Mal - Saw a large big boned Mal with reddish hair that looked almost like a GSD at the SchH field. Most Mals i think are uglier than GSDs but this one was second to none.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Our next dog in about 2 years will be a Doberman, as I mentioned on the other post that I don't like sharing a sidewalk with people (joke) :p imagine dual wielding a shep and a dobe! win!

Haha I can imagine it will probably be similar to how people react to me walking my gsd and my pit bull puppy they give me all the space I could ever want! ;)

1 - 20 of 86 Posts