German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local shelter has notified me about Lady, a sable high energy, high drive female GSD in need of an appropriate home. The shelter director has GSDs and loves this breed. She can temperament test and do any evaluations that might be warranted. I can pull and transport.

Petfinder Adoptable Dog | German Shepherd Dog | Spencer, WV | Lady

I will help get her to any GSD rescue that can help her.

Shannon

·
Registered
27,270 Posts
Wonder who was her breeder? Gorgeous!

·
Registered
5,708 Posts

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
good!!! she;s gorgeous!!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spencer, WV - Lady, sable female with high drive

I just talked to Sandy, the shelter director, and Lady's owner reclaimed her on Saturday. He was just thrilled to have her back. Sandy reported that she was very high energy and high drive (just the kind of GSD that she likes) and that she was working her in obedience a little bit while she was there at the shelter. Sandy was really taken with her and so glad to be able to return her to her owner. While the owner was there, she let him know about a Schutzhund trainer in our area too. Even if the owner is not interested in the sport, Sandy offered this trainer's assistance to the owner for basic training and understanding of the dog that he has.

Shannon

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
I love happy endings! How wonderful to hear about an owner who is actually glad to get his dog back - as opposed to the ones we hear about who couldn't care less. Hope he takes time to train this girl so that she doesn't escape again...

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

·
Registered
27,270 Posts
How long was she missing and how'd she go missing?
And hopefully she wasn't in heat/the reason for her to go missing, then get hooked up with a stray intact male...
Happy ending is great, I just hope she doesn't end up missing again!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts