German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Re: Spencer, WC - Gunther, 2 yr B&T

This is my local shelter and, if help is needed, please let me know. The shelter director is extremely rescue friendly and this shelter works in conjunction with another shelter to send dogs on transports in to Maryland and northern Virginia on a pretty regular basis.

This shelter only has six dog runs, so space is very limited. There are metal cages for smaller dogs, however, he is too large for those.

The shelter director is a GSD fancier herself and will do anything that she can to prevent this boy from being euthanized. However, if he get sick or becomes kennel-stressed, then decisions have to be made.

He was picked up by the ACO as a stray. He is reported to be good with other dogs and loves attention. Acts very young and is thought to be between one and two years old. He is a very sweet young male dog.

Shannon

·
Registered
443 Posts
Re: Spencer, WC - Gunther, 2 yr B&T

Oh my goodness, I love him. What a cutie! Love his smile

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Re: Spencer, WV- Gunther, 2 yr B&T

A formal temperament test has been requested and should be done soon. This boy is a sweet dog who loves attention.

Shannon

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Re: Spencer, WV- Gunther, 2 yr B&T

This boy sailed through his temperament assessment and the only negative is that he thinks cats are fun. He would probably chase a cat if given the chance. It is very possible that he has never seen them before.

Any interest?

Shannon in WV

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Re: RESCUED Spencer, WV- Gunther, 2 yr B&T

Moderators:

Please move this to the follow-up forum. This boy went to an all-breed rescue last Saturday while I was out of state.

Shannon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts