German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a particular growth component to spaying your dog? My dog isn't aggressive or extrmely high energy so I'm not doing it to reduce any of that, I just have been told that she should get spayed soon. She is almost 8 months old.. around 7.5. For 7.5 she is small, she's maybe 50 pounds and her paws are tiny compared to another german shepherd she plays with. I dont want to spay her early if it will affect her development.

Does it affect growth? What are your personal experiences with spaying and growing? I think female and male dogs are different too so more interested in the female side of things. Also what are some signs of heat? I really have no idea. Should I just keep her in the house and no walks during heat? I take her to an enclosed field but there are dogs there sometimes and also I take on a bike ride. I definitely dont want some big dog running up on us and getting attacked or having to get involved in stopping him trying to mount my small puppy. Would it be easier to get her spayed now if there is little risk?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts