German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As much as I would love to wait until Sasha is older, we are travelling to an obedience trial out of town in late Feb and I don't want her to go into heat and have to cancel the night before :/ She'll be about 10 -11 mths at the time, as her birthday is early March. She'll be competeing for her PCD (I've never trialed before and I think it would be great exposure for the both of us). Then her CD in late March.

My question is, if she is supposed to trial in late Feb, when should she go in for her spay, giving her enough time to recover from surgery? I'd like to wait as along as possible(1.5 yrs), but my significant other doesn't want to deal with the heat cycle, and I kind of agree with that haha. My annoying inlaws keep telling me to get her fixed now (it will "calm her down" apparently) and were upset that I didn't do it the day she turned 6 mths.
 
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top