Well we thought we were in the home stretch with the girls getting spayed a week ago. Last night after I fed the dogs, I looked at Mia sittng and at the incision site it was swollen like a grapefruit. I called the ER vet immediately and he said I could probably wait until morning to bring her in, but I took her in last night. She is still there. They put in a drain and started antibiotics. The problem is we are going out of town this weekend (my son's engagement party -can't beg off). The vet said we could board her there, and that he was planning to sedate her for 2 weeks anyway...the tech said she would do ok since we are going in a motorhome, and my husband has volunteered to stay home w/ her-but he would miss the engagement party. Big decision to be made in 12 hours! We are not sure what she did. My daughter said she was very excited when she went swimming yesterday...we have painfully monitored all activity to the point of exhaustion-and now this!