German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I have another question that I cant find an answer to on the net...

I start work Wednesday... 9am-4pm....

My fiance works 1pm-9pm that same day....

So technically he will put her in the crate before he leaves for work... but that will be about 4 1/2 hours in her crate..... :help:

Is that going to be ok??? :confused:

This is not our everyday work hours.. I just started so I won't know all mine yet. I am only part time, he is full time.

·
Registered
940 Posts
How old is she?

Should be fine...just make sure to let her out to go potty right before crating and then right when you get home.

I also wouldn't load a dog up on food if they're going to be crated longer than usual...

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Your pup will be just fine! Don't leave food/water in the crate though!

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Sorry I have another question that I cant find an answer to on the net...

I start work Wednesday... 9am-4pm....

My fiance works 1pm-9pm that same day....

So technically he will put her in the crate before he leaves for work... but that will be about 4 1/2 hours in her crate..... :help:

Is that going to be ok??? :confused:

This is not our everyday work hours.. I just started so I won't know all mine yet. I am only part time, he is full time.
Should be OK, hope she is used to the crate now.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thank you all

We started Kola on the crate about 3-4 days ago... she is 9 weeks old tomorrow.....

She was really good in the crate when we were here... however when we left home she freaked. We set up a video camera and filmed her... she was going crazy... the sound she made was sooo sad...

At night she is ok... she sleeps in it.. and likes playing with our cat in it...

I was just worried because its 4 1/2 hours...

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Jax was alone from 8am-1pm, then 2pm-4pm since he was 8 weeks old and he did fine. It was broken up by 1 hour of running in the park though at lunch.
Just a helpful hint, feeding RAW makes crate training 1,000x easier. They poop and pee literally about 5x less.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts