German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so like most puppy owners who have late bloomers I am starting to get worried about the ears and development. Jayde is almost 5 months and she seems really small, maybe 20 pounds. We know that her mom was full-bred pedigreed GSD and was a breeding with a full pedigreed male. She locked with this male but then jumped the fence and supposedly locked with a half bred male. This is why the breeder dumped Jayde at the pound...he could not confirm that she was full.

Her ears seem close and it doesn't seem like she has even started teething yet? What do you all think? I took these photos this evening.

Thanks for calming my nerves...not that it matters either way but I just hate the unknown haha!

Not sure why the photos are sideways? They are correct on my comp...:confused:

image-1.jpg

image.jpg

photo.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, if she's almost 5 months it will be soon for her to start losing her puppy teeth... As far as her breed identity, you really won't be able to tell until she starts maturing. She looks like she has a lot of GSD in her. Her ears will straighten out over time. If they do.. Sometimes in all breeds there are late bloomers for many traits! :) the coloring can confuse a lot of people because there are so many different tones and patterns but, only GSD breed coloring a I mean. ;) the tips of her ears looked curled a bit... Do they ever stand fully straight? Anyway, GSDs have the cutest puppy ears!! Floppy for a while sometimes!! Lol

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Sarah! They will stand on their own for a little bit if she tilts her head back just slightly haha! All the other times they are floppy tipped.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Mia's ears went up and down until she was 7 months.

She's adorable. Looks a lot like a pit mix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts