German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed when I was brushing Regen today that she has a little sore spot right behind her "armpit" where her sense-ation harness sits- I think I heard her licking it last night. It looks like she nibbled at it until the hair came off that one spot (it's maybe 3/4" in diameter), but she hasn't been messing with it today.

Should I put something on it or try and clean it off? I am stupid, the harness says not to use for running and I have been, and I think the placement of the buckle changed when I tightened the strap since she's lost weight.

Bad mommy :(

·
Registered
403 Posts
Well if you were using it just to walk, it would just be resting there. For running, the harness would be rubbing across the skin. Its like running with a backpack and sleeveless shirt on, it's going to rub and irritate your skin. As for your dog, I don't think anything is needed to be put on. I just would follow the directions from here on out with the advice not to run with it.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I don't know what do do about the sore spot, but I am looking at using a harness when biking with my two so that they can actually pull the bike, and the one that I have found that I think will work the best is this one: Custom-Made Padded Urban Trail Sport Dog Harness It is made by a company that makes sled dog harnesses. It is custom made for your dog and sits much farther back behind the front legs than most harnesses. It is also fleece lined, so no rough edges to rub against. I'm waiting for someone else that has one coming to let me know how it works, but I think this is the one. It isn't available on the above website anymore, but you can still get it from the manufacturer's website (pictures just aren't as good!) : Alpine Outfitters - Phone/Fax: 1-360-659-3800 - We fit your dog sled equipment needs.http://www.petexpertise.com/dog-col...-trail-custom-fleece-dog-harness.html#petdesc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts