German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every one. In June me and my husband will be getting our first GSD puppy. We already have a 5 year old Welsh Pembroke Corgi and a 10 month old daughter. My husband is in the military so I decided I wanted a large dog to help me feel safe when he's gone.

Our neighbor is a police officer a he has two Belgian Malinois, one is a retired police dog and the other works with his dad every day. We wanted a Mal but they're really expensive and I was afraid it wouldn't be as easy to handle, so I started looking at German Shepherds. A breed, beside the corgi, that I've always wanted.

A friend of mine has a pair of GSDs and had not planned on breeding them but she found out I wanted one went ahead and bred hers and is giving me a puppy! The female is A.K.C registered, and looks like she has more show lines, not exactly the type of GSD I wanted but the male looks more like a working dog. But I can't pass up the offer.

The puppies were born in the beginning of April, five boy and three girls. We are going to pick a male. I can't wait to see what they're going to look like. The parents are both tan and black, the pups are mostly black, one has white toes and white on his chest. I'm wondering if the white will stay.

ETA on the puppy is the 18th of June, we live several states away and her parents live near me and are going to visit her and bring him back. I'm so excited, I can't wait to get our little guy.

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Good luck!

Hope you have really been reading thru the --> Welcome to the GSD/FAQ's for the first time owner - German Shepherd Dog Forums part of the forum and particularly THIS LINK ---> http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/welcome-gsd-faqs-first-time-owner/188549-puppy-biting-hints-tips-help.html

Seems like there is a rash of new puppy owners on the forum who are scared of their new puppies cause of the growling/biting and bleeding that is going on. And they had no idea that was to be more expected than not as normal GSD puppy playing (ouch ouch OUCH!)

:)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks everyone. Biting doesn't scare me, my corgi was quite the biter when she was a puppy. And loves to chase something running, she's gotten me on my ankles, legs, and butt lol. I will definitely be more careful now though because of my coming one year old.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will post pics lol my husband is excited about the puppy. He keeps asking me where is his dog lol. I can't wait to see more pics of them all and learn their personalities so I can chose which one I want. There is a little male with white toes and white on his chest, I wonder if it will stay? But color won't be my deciding factor.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK! I have pics! These are the four boys of the litter, I'm stuck between brown boy and orange boy.

Brown boy in the back, orange boy sitting in front.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I figured I'd post pics of the parents as well. The dad was hit by a car years before my friend acquired him, hence the reason his back left leg looks scared up. Lol and mom does have a tail.

This is mom.

And this is dad.

Dad on the left, very pregnant mom on the right. She had the puppies that night.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts