German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Violet has had spinal stenosis for quite a long time and, after a failed course of dexamethasone, it's soon time. She's 11 but we only had her for 6 years. She was seized in a cruelty case which should have given her reason to be hateful but she is the kindest, sweetest gentlest dog we've ever had. I worked as a vet tech for years and always noted that GSD people were especially gutted when their dogs died. Now I understand why.
We've had to euthanize a lot of dogs over the years but this is by far the worst for me. Just wanted to share some photos of the best dog ever:

·
Registered
9 Posts
My heart breaks just a little when I read these types of things. But then I think about how wonderful it is that she got to share happy years with you. And you with her.

·
Registered
9,919 Posts
It is heartbreaking to read this even. You are so right; saying goodbye to a GSD seems to be much harder than with other dogs. A GSD, for me, is a soulmate, less pet dog, more human almost. I wish you strength and allow yourself to grieve deeply. She is lucky to have you and have a beautiful life with you.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I am so sorry you are going thru this. I had to put my boy down one month ago. He was 9. They seem to take over our hearts and souls. She is a beautiful and precious girl and she knows that you gave her a good life and love her with your all. She will no longer suffer and will wait for you to greet you when that time comes. Will be thinking of you both.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for your kind words. Our vet is coming to the house today at 4pm. I am absolutely gutted.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
I'm so sorry :( Big hugs to you today and wishing a smooth trip over the rainbow bridge for Violet :hugs: It's the greatest gift we can give them, to take away their suffering even though it rips our own heart out

1 - 11 of 11 Posts