German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's like graduation-- all this time (I got him in January) I wondered and worried about how he'd behave on a camping trip. Turned out awesome, even got compliments. And first time camping with a border collie looking dog, and heard lots of whispered 'that's a border collie, those are smart dogs, always on the go'. Makes me wonder what folks used to say out of earshot when I camped with an awesome working-line (likely, was rescue) blanket backed gsd?

Anyway, anyone who wants to play 'Who's my Daddy', go right ahead. He's a street dog from the Dominican Republic; could be anything and everything, plus the typical genetic drift of a closed population of free ranging dogs.

And last but not least, because a tired dog is good/or at least flat, dog.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I'll let others play the guessing game lol but Sonic does look very intelligent. Awesome photos and it looks like ya'll had a great time camping. I think my guy will have a large saddle. Not sure though.

·
Super Moderator
6,278 Posts
Sounds like a good time!Good boy Sonic!The first pic is my favorite,Island Dog King :)

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll let others play the guessing game lol but Sonic does look very intelligent. Awesome photos and it looks like ya'll had a great time camping. I think my guy will have a large saddle. Not sure though.
Eh, I stopped guessing after looking at zillions of street dogs from the Caribbean, they all look alike in a 3rd cousin sort of way regardless of size shape colour or coat, so he's a street dog, but guessing is fun. He's a border collie when I say so, or if anybody else say's so. Otherwise I'll talk their ears off, like I just did here.
Re" the sadd;e, I never raised a puppy, gsd or otherwise. Do they lighten up when they mature? My last gsd was a very black blanket back, but she was 6 months old when I got her.

And yep, Sonic's smart. Not easy to train, he had rocky start in life & too much freedom, but there's a thinking sentient being behind those eyes. Kind of like a pint sized gsd.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Awesome photos!! Looks like such a good time. He's a camping natural...looks completely unfazed haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts