German Shepherds Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
A sharp defensive dog with lots of aggression and a low threshold, or a sharp defensive dog with lots of aggression because of bad nerves. I myself like the first example. A fear biter not so much.
As far as litters differing or not every pup having stellar nerves. A good breeder should produce predominantly dogs of good nerves. Meaning confident, social, pups. not every pup will possess the same drives or extremes when it comes to those drives. But, I would hope that a breeder who has a bitch or stud that consistently produces nerve bags would stop breeding that dog.
Per if the dog bounces back, I would say that it would take a combination of good training and the dog having good enough nerves to bounce back..Best to not put the dog in that situation to begin with. But the **** happens.
I agree! I’ve had the weak nerved dog and it’s not fun. I never want to go back to that again, EVER.

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
@cdwoodcox agreed - It is the nervy/lack of nerves part of that combo which I was referring to. I think there will be always some kind of range in a litter unless it is scientifically manipulated. The majority of the litter Is what I imagine the next breeding would be or not be based on.
Life happens unfortunately. Very glad the dog is in better hands the board and train should be ousted -wishing the best for him. Yes the dog will benefit from both good training and good nerves.

·
Registered
11,070 Posts
Omg I’m horrified with a lot of my earliest posts!!!!!

No I’m not reposting them LMAO, I’d rather pretend it was an imposter.
I need to find my fav.... hold on a sec....

·
Registered
11,070 Posts
Omg I’m horrified with a lot of my earliest posts!!!!!

No I’m not reposting them LMAO, I’d rather pretend it was an imposter.
Ahhhh yes.

Here ya go... you’re welcome!

·
Registered
11,070 Posts
And to be fair, I just looked up what I now think is a [email protected]^^ post of mine.
Good grief.

·
Premium Member
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Ahhhh yes.

Ahhhh yes.

Did the pup at least enjoy the tripe? If so, worth it. But lesson learned.

·
Super Moderator
5,481 Posts
I started saying, way back years ago, that this post has NO privacy settings. Anyone anywhere at anytime can read what is posted, so be mindful. And when reading older posts, remember the posters may have changed their minds a dozen times since then.

As far as nerves go, I think Y'all have explained it better than I could already

21 - 30 of 30 Posts