German Shepherds Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
A sharp defensive dog with lots of aggression and a low threshold, or a sharp defensive dog with lots of aggression because of bad nerves. I myself like the first example. A fear biter not so much.
As far as litters differing or not every pup having stellar nerves. A good breeder should produce predominantly dogs of good nerves. Meaning confident, social, pups. not every pup will possess the same drives or extremes when it comes to those drives. But, I would hope that a breeder who has a bitch or stud that consistently produces nerve bags would stop breeding that dog.
Per if the dog bounces back, I would say that it would take a combination of good training and the dog having good enough nerves to bounce back..Best to not put the dog in that situation to begin with. But the **** happens.
I agree! I’ve had the weak nerved dog and it’s not fun. I never want to go back to that again, EVER.

·
Registered
8,283 Posts
@cdwoodcox agreed - It is the nervy/lack of nerves part of that combo which I was referring to. I think there will be always some kind of range in a litter unless it is scientifically manipulated. The majority of the litter Is what I imagine the next breeding would be or not be based on.
Life happens unfortunately. Very glad the dog is in better hands the board and train should be ousted -wishing the best for him. Yes the dog will benefit from both good training and good nerves.

·
Registered
10,905 Posts
Omg I’m horrified with a lot of my earliest posts!!!!!

No I’m not reposting them LMAO, I’d rather pretend it was an imposter.
I need to find my fav.... hold on a sec....

·
Registered
10,905 Posts
Omg I’m horrified with a lot of my earliest posts!!!!!

No I’m not reposting them LMAO, I’d rather pretend it was an imposter.
Ahhhh yes.

Here ya go... you’re welcome!

·
Registered
10,905 Posts
And to be fair, I just looked up what I now think is a [email protected]^^ post of mine.
Good grief.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Ahhhh yes.

Ahhhh yes.

Did the pup at least enjoy the tripe? If so, worth it. But lesson learned.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts