German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I took my boy to Petsmart for his monthly weigh-in. As I entered the shop (my boy heeling nicely,) I walked BY a big guy with two HUGE danes, one on his right and one on his left right, sitting down, just at the door. I suppose he was waiting to pay. As I walked by (in front of them), the danes reacted, and started pulling from the owner and barking. My boy only looked at them while still heeling nicely.

And all of a sudden from behind, the guy shouted at me rudely, 'EXCUSE ME! CAN YOU NOT WALK IN FRONT OF MY DOGS?!' I stopped walking and I said, 'What? You're right in front of the entrance door.' He replied, 'YEAH DON'T GO WALKING IN FRONT OF MY DOGS!'

I couldn't believe it. I said again, 'R u being serious right now? You're right in front of the door, man. What do you want me to do? If you're not confident with your dogs, then don't bring them here.' And just as he was about to say something back at me, one of the Petsmart staff told him calmly, 'Sir, you ARE blocking the entrance.'

HAHA.

Then I left the scene and as I was walking towards the scale, a woman spoke to me, 'R the two big arse dogs still there?'

'Yeah. They're at the front and the owner lashed out on me for WALKING.'

'Oh no way. I'm gonna speak to the manager RIGHT NOW. If that guy doesn't get those dogs under control he's gonna have to leave. I ain't shopping with those 2 dogs charging at people!'

'Exactly. I don't understand why he would lash at me for walking in front of the dogs. Jeez.'

Long story short, the guy left and the lady told me to have a good day.

I'VE NEVER BEEN LASHED OUT IN MY LIFE FOR WALKING IN FRONT OF DOGS LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

NEXT TIME YOU SEE DOGS, WALK BEHIND THEM PEOPLE! MAYDAY MAYDAY!

·
Super Moderator
7,902 Posts
Funny. Makes me think of a time I was walking my dogs and head on approaching a woman... the area was narrow and I prefer to have my dogs on the side opposite pedestrians so with them on my left, I attempted to pass her on the right... she was looking down at her phone and got a little surprised when she saw us and we did the little dance thing to see who was going to go where, like I said I chose the right and she says under her breath “what type of idiot passes on the right!?”

:thinking: LOL

I never knew there were such rules and formalities. Sorry for sparing you of a wet nose or dog hair. **shrug**

Reactions: Aly and Sabis mom

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
Well, a neighbor dog came onto my property and grabbed Sabi by the face. Neighbor had the audacity to inform me later that if she wanted to she could sue for vet bills! Apparently the little beast suffered a puncture to his side while Sabi was trying to get him off her face.
Stupid people never cease to amaze me.

Danes are generally super friendly though and I gotta say I'm a bit sad that you had issues with them. I have only seen one nasty one before and her owner was a donkey's behind.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Well, a neighbor dog came onto my property and grabbed Sabi by the face. Neighbor had the audacity to inform me later that if she wanted to she could sue for vet bills! Apparently the little beast suffered a puncture to his side while Sabi was trying to get him off her face.
Stupid people never cease to amaze me.

Danes are generally super friendly though and I gotta say I'm a bit sad that you had issues with them. I have only seen one nasty one before and her owner was a donkey's behind.
So a month ago, I was walking my dog home from a romp in a local park, and we walked by a yard that had a split rail fence. Behind this fence, in the front yard was a young Dane playing with his owner, a very petite lady that was about 4' 10" tall, and couldn't have weighed 100 lbs, more like 85 lbs. The dane was young, but probably an easy 100lbs or so. When he saw my dog, you could tell by the demeanor he wanted to play, so he started jumping around etc. This little woman handled him beautifully, she wrapped him in a bear hug and rode him out, saying woah dude, looks like it's time to go in huh >:) And she had no problem manhandling him into the house. Needless to say, I was/am impressed! No anger, but no nonsense take charge of the dog and situation as well. The world needs more like her!

My dog, BTW, gave no more than a slight glance at the Dane and kept heeling forward nicely...

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh dear God, no. I don't have ANY issues with the danes. I NEVER have issues with danes. Or dogs generally. It was the owner that had an issue with me.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
We had that same situation -
walked into a small petstore and a man was right in front of the door at counter, paying.
Beside him, his huge Akita was sitting.

I was like, "Uh, oh no..." and I was feeling tense, but we headed for the dogfood aisle.

The Akita sat and looked silently at us without moving, and we walked calmly by.
I said to Rumo, "What a well-trained dog!"

This is the difference between training and not-training...
Owner needs to invest more time training his dogs, and less time training passersby!

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
The two Danes were not big enough for this guy's ego.
regarding the Akita; I have a hard time reading them. To me this dog could have been trained (as proven here) or just waiting to get me or my dog.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The two Danes were not big enough for this guy's ego.
regarding the Akita; I have a hard time reading them. To me this dog could have been trained (as proven here) or just waiting to get me or my dog.
Lol. That's exactly what the dogs R for to that owner. Sad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts