German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I noticed Duece, almost 6 months, was sleeping more than usual and not as active. Today he is worse. He is not eating and just sleeping. He does not have diahrea nor is he vommiting. I called the vet and they said to watch him and if he got worse or did not get better to bring him in. A few minutes ago I took him out to potty and I noticed he was walking weird. Not limping or anythking just not walking right. Its hard to explain, but anyway I called the Vet back and I have to bring him in the morning. I am scared and the wait is going to kill me. I watch him line a hawk, he is never unsupervised so 8 know he didnt get into anything. Has anyone else experience something line thkis with their pup?

·
Registered
945 Posts
My lab acted like that when she was a pup and I had to take her in to the vet and all they could tell me was she had a bad viral infection. To get her to eat I had to cook some ground beef and blend it with rice until liquid and feed it to her through a suringe. Just keep a close eye on him. Hope he feels better. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Any chance it could be the heat and dehydrated?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry about posting twice, no idea what I did..... I dont think he is dehydrated because he has been drinking and peeing ok.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Has he had all his vacinations?

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Gracie did that (she was 10 months when she did it) - she had a bout of pano (growing pains). She had also had her heartgard plus pill at about the same time. We never knew what it truly was - all bloodwork, heartworm and tick borne illnesses tests all came back normal. She went through it for about 6 days then suddenly bounced up good as can be. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Rocky is almost 3 and goes through the same stages from time to time. We feed him twice a day and always offer his meals twice a day. He ate Sat morning and finally ate again tonight for the first time.

He continued to take water and is acting mostly normal. I think the extreme heat is affecting them.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He has had all his vaccinations. What is worrying me the most is the way he is walking. Its not smooth like usual. Its kind of like hes buzzed but not completly drunk if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Sorry for your troubles, I have just had my 9 week pup in hospital after only having him 3 days. Was a fright and very stressful. My thoughts are with you, try not to worry too much and just keep an eye on him. Dogs do take these funny turns from time to time.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Originally Posted By: sume74He has had all his vaccinations. What is worrying me the most is the way he is walking. Its not smooth like usual. Its kind of like hes buzzed but not completly drunk if you know what I mean.
Do you have a flea collar or anything on him? I just got one from the vet and they said to watch and make sure she doesn't get "drunk" or "dizzy" because its a sign of adverse reaction.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts