German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at CL today and of course some idiot is rehoming a litter of GSD pups. Here is the ad.

I have GS puppies. They puppies are not mixed breeds. The parents have papers on them, but the pupies will hot be coming with papers. I am doing it this way to keep backyard breeders from breeding. They have been de wormed. They will not be ready for a new home until April 1st, by this time they will be UTD on shots also. I own both the parents. The puppies come with a blue or pink collar and a Purina puppy kit. I rehoming fee will be needed for these puppies to insure they will go to a good home. I will also require a home visit after the puppy has been with you for a while. If this will be a problem for you then please DO NOT respond.

Just curious here but what exactly do these idiots think they are? The pups have no papers and of course they can still breed since when has not having papers stopped people from breeding? Obviously however buys these pups are buying unpapered shepherds so they will be no different then whoever buys those puppies pups.

They have the nerve to act like they are something good by preventing people from being BYB's yet they are the epitome of a BYB they had 2 pets and decided to let them get knocked up and are on CL selling them off. UGH some people.

·
Registered
295 Posts
How is that person not a BYB? It's all in the "spin".....

·
Registered
508 Posts
It's something I see all over in the dog world, even people with the best of intentions.... it's always a "do as I say, but not as I do" thing.

*All back-yard-breeders are bad, except for us!
*We're not a back yard breeder, we just had a family pet get pregnant
*We're not a back yard breeder, because we have families lined up for all of the puppies
*We're not a back yard breeder, because our dogs are papered
*we're not a back yard breeder, because we aren't making a profit off of the puppies, we are only charging expenses
*we're not a back yard breeder, because we love our dogs...

I can go on, and on.

If they really wanted to stop byb, they would only sell off the puppies after they've been fixed... that would really slow down their offspring.

There is a common misconception that the dogs that are flooding the shelters are only from puppy mills or pet store animals (which commonly come from puppy mills) and they are the problem, yet the frequent listings on craigs list every springs tends to tell another story. Papered or not, an unwanted dog is an unwanted dog. :(

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
*sigh* I did notice that there was no ages mentioned; like how old they will be on Apr. 1st. No OFA mention either.
And, if someone is looking for a companion...who needs papers?

And, purina? Don't they make that stinky pyschedelic food Beneful? *blech No thanks*

·
Registered
27,206 Posts

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I wonder if the breeding pair are on limited registrations and so the pups can't be registered. The breeder is probably trying to avoid being questioned about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts