German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Emphasize lies on tried!

I was in the bathroom when I hear the Kitchen Door opening. I had MaDeuce and Yukon in the house and someone had to physically open the door because it's not a door that opens lightly.

Anyhow, I hear the door opening, MaDeuce and Yukon went ballistic. Both were with me. MaDeuce in front of the Bathroom and Yukon in the tub as always. Both go ballistic running for the door and whoever or whatever it was, got chased right out of the door.

By the time I got into the Driveway no one was in sight.... and both dogs were all huffed and puffed up.

Love my dogs, but that was unreal. I'm hoping we are not scouted and that it was just some kids playing games...

Still a little shaken up...

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Very scary! Good thing the dogs are willing to protect their turf.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Call the cops

That was scary! :shocked: I would call the cops to report it, just in case there is a rash of this stuff going on in your area. Good job pups! :)

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was scary! :shocked: I would call the cops to report it, just in case there is a rash of this stuff going on in your area. Good job pups! :)
Did call the Cops. First they said they'd send someone out to take my statement but then they just called and calmed me down and to ask a couple of question, to lock all my doors and to call them if something suspicious was going on.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Did call the Cops. First they said they'd send someone out to take my statement but then they just called and calmed me down and to ask a couple of question, to lock all my doors and to call them if something suspicious was going on.
Seriously? I'm thinking someone trying to come into my door is suspicious enough!!!!

Sadly, they tried your house. Next house may not be as lucky. You'd think they'd at least send a car into the area.

I'm very happy you had your pups there. Hopefully the turd(s) who tried to come in will think twice before trying to enter into another home.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Yes, glad your pups were inside! Someone had evidently tried to kick in our door once while we were gone. Cody and Clipper were inside loose. I never knew until I went to bring in groceries and push the door shut with my foot and the door bounced back. The frame was split at the bottom! I'm sure they put up quite a ruckeus and scared them off! We even have beware of dog signs up! If only dogs could talk!

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Wow that would totally freak me out! :eek: That's the main reason I have dogs, early alert so I know what's going on

I can't believe the cops wouldn't do anything more, like offer to drive by once or twice :rolleyes: How hard would it be seriously

·
Registered
31 Posts
Very scarey. I had someone steal a laptop and $50.00 from my purse when my husband was in the basement, and I was on the second floor one evening. This was when we had no dogs for the first time in 25 years. Found out the next morning, and it freaked me out. We once again have a dog. I also got the brush off from the police.

Good thing you had your pups, and you are ok!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
THAT is just one of many reasons I want another GSD that will alert and protect. Shasta doesnt alert or protect and after someone breaking into the house one night Geramy was gone at training... nope. Thrilled to bits Zena was there and went after the guy. That's freaking scary.

·
Registered
27,278 Posts
My dogs just scent someone and alert bark(Kacie first!) Though we do have people coming and going often at our house because my kids have friends over....but if the dogs have never met them, there is a protocol we have for introductions. My parrots also alert with certain vocals when someone is at the front of the house.
Anyone who tries to enter that my dogs don't know will probably have to change their clothes....and my dogs are not crated so would have access to the intruder.
Mrs. K, that is scary stuff, especially during the day. We've had some people going into homes when people are at work, they pick the houses with no vehicles present.
Too bad you couldn't have gotten sight of who it was.

·
Banned
363 Posts
OMGoodness! The same thing happened to my MIL last week! She has a mini schnauzer and a mini dachshund, and their barks alerted her that someone was at the door. By the time she got to her back door, the man trying to break in had one arm through the glass of the porch and was trying to reach in to unlock the door. Luckily her movement caught his attention and he ran off.
She called the police and they said there had been a string of break ins in her neighborhood, and they came out, she gave them a discription of the man as best she could.
If it hadn't been for her dogs, there's no telling what would have happened.

So very glad your dogs were inside to alert you as well!

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My dogs just scent someone and alert bark(Kacie first!) Though we do have people coming and going often at our house because my kids have friends over....but if the dogs have never met them, there is a protocol we have for introductions. My parrots also alert with certain vocals when someone is at the front of the house.
Anyone who tries to enter that my dogs don't know will probably have to change their clothes....and my dogs are not crated so would have access to the intruder.
Mrs. K, that is scary stuff, especially during the day. We've had some people going into homes when people are at work, they pick the houses with no vehicles present.
Too bad you couldn't have gotten sight of who it was.

It gets even weirder. Someone has opened our Garage Door while I was at the Council Meeting. A client texted me and then my husband came home to the garage door being wide open.

So we called the police and this time someone came out. Nothing was taken again so I'm starting to think that it isn't about our belongings but possibly about the dogs. Remember the guy who called me names at the Car Wash? Hes got the license plate number and probably a picture about my business sign too and it is super easy to find us that way... :help:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
That is scary. Before I had dogs a naked man came in my house once. He didn't do anything except stand in front of me, say hi and walk away. It was just so odd I thought perhaps my husband was playing some kind of prank and got somebody to do that, but when I asked him he rushed to get the gun to check out the property. It kind of freaked me out. I doubt they would make it in the house now with the three dogs.

·
Registered
27,278 Posts
I'd be installing a video camera Mrs. K...especially with what has been going on recently.
trcy, that is hilariously sick! I think I'd be discriminating and verbally judging that guys anatomy if he walked into my house...but it would give me nightmares for a long time for sure!

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
protect yr dogs, they are so easy to kill for an organised bad guy that has it in for you - the whole protection dog thing has severe limitations and is best against dumb opportunists and not much more imo.

security cameras an option???, the expense will add value to your home anyway.

·
Registered
32,380 Posts
I would be calling a security company first thing tomorrow morning. That is pretty scary.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
protect yr dogs, they are so easy to kill for an organised bad guy that has it in for you - the whole protection dog thing has severe limitations and is best against dumb opportunists and not much more imo.

security cameras an option???, the expense will add value to your home anyway.
We have security cameras now surrounding the house. The dogs alert us...I don't expect them to do much more. Once alerted we can take care of it. ;)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts